Standard (Tent/RV)
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 35 ft.
Dan Nicholas Park is located in North Carolina
12 Reviews of Dan Nicholas Park
I get an explorer badge if I rate this.

Definitely reviewable.

Great place for our 1st Camper Trip

This was the shakeout trip with our new to us, 2015 R-Pod 176T. This turned out to be a great trip.

The Campground and Host Kitty were wonderful. The Campground is wooded and very scenic. We stayed in site 25 which had a view of the pond. Also it was a short walk to the bathhouse which was clean and warm for a cold fall/winter trip.

The Campground is on a park which has lots of attractions for the family including a gem mine, carousel, small zoo, fishing, padle boats and other things to do. These were closed due to COVID 19 but will be available once the pademic is over.

There was WiFi across from our site which was really good. We were able to stream Netflix and AT&T TV with no problem. The Camp host Kitty, was kind and helpful throughout our stay she had suggestions for us and assured us that if we had any issues she would be there.

I would highly recommend Dan Nicholas Park.

Especially post COVID 19!!!!!!

Such a fun place to camp, especially for the kids

This place is the best places for families to camp. There is a beautiful zoo, gem mining, a train ride, amazing fishing, a beautiful playground, and a carousel. The campsites are nice and the facilities are fairly clean. We really enjoyed fishing and caught a couple of fish as well. The sites are pretty roomy to! We definitely will be going back again and have been a couple of times.

Great place to camp.

Great Place to camp with your family. The park has more to do other than the campground it is a wonderful place if you have young kids.

Friendly, large sites, paved roads, safe and secure

Very clean and taken care of

Restrooms clean

Awesome place

Very nice get away for a weekend!

Great for kids and families

Other reviews have described the great facilities here, but I wanted to make sure everything’s listed. They have a mini train ride, sprinkler playground, a big regular playground, carousel, panning for gems, paddle boats, nature center, and shelters and picnic areas. Park is free to enter but the rides are $2 or so. There are combo tickets available to get discounts on multiple rides.

Campground: only drawback is no sewer in the sites, but there is dump station with a long water hose. Saw one review here mentioned problems with staff, but my experience has been great: knowledgeable, friendly, helpful people. Have been here multiple times - my grandson’s cub pack camps here every year.

For those in the Piedmont area of NC, this is a fun and inexpensive campground with many more amenities than most. For travelers with kids, it’s close to I85 and the kids will have plenty to do.

Feels like old skool camping

Large park attached to campground. huge lake, carousel, train rides and small zoo. Campsites are standar size. wooded and bathouse were dated but, clean. Outside firewood was allowed and picnic shelters availble with volleyball and lots of trails.Huge playground in park.

great place

awesome visit

awesome place

kitty at the front desk welcomed us to our stay. noticed what I think was a new sign that days tobacco free… hmmm

Year 2021 Flag