Kannapolis , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Kannapolis Camping Reviews
Clean, safe and friendly

Campground has trails and fishing in walking distance.  It is always packed.  No alcohol permitted.

Peaceful and quiet

Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!

Nice spot with lots of space

Great spot there’s some open areas to camp before you get to the water. You need a truck or something big to get down to the water unless the re-did the road. There’s a few campsites surrounded by trees but also a large open area that can hold multiple vehicles

Excellent Campground

Awesome location, very remote and the sites are Huge so no need to worry about a neighbor being close. I stayed at site 11 easy access to the water and great views. Lost of fishing and hiking paths close by. Great camp overall. Highly recommend.

Great hiking and awesome views.

Lots of trails to choose from. Beautiful views. Lots of history. Visit here often.

awful

We stayed At Lake Myers because of the Thousand Trails package we received with the purchase of our travel tailer. We spent 6 nights unfortunately .  This is basically a trailer park.  Packed, old, nasty.  I cannot even understand how it can really be categorized as a campground.  The website pictures are NOT EVEN ClOSE to being accurate.  Never again.

Hidden Gem

We were looking for someplace to stay near Hickory and we stumbled upon Indian Springs.  I was a little nervous about making a reservation because they only take cash or check, and my research indicated the campground is hard to get to. However, this campground seemed to be the best location for the weekend and they had a site available, so we decided to stay.

I'm not going to lie, Indian Springs is not easy to get to. The road to the campground is easy to get to from I40, it's the turn onto Whitener Drive off of Costner Road that is not easy. Whitener Rd is fairly steep, but it starts off paved so it's not too bad. However, as we approached the campground's gate the pavement turned to gravel. When we got to the gate, we called to obtain an access code (we used the same code throughout the weekend). After going through the gate, we headed down the gravel driveway, toward the campground. At the bottom of the driveway, the road levels out and you turn into a flat, secluded valley in which the campground lies.

Check-in was simple and the pull-through gravel site was easy to get to. The site was fairly level, and the electric, water & sewer were well maintained and easy to access. Verizon cell service was excellent because there is a tower close-by. I wasn't sure about WiFi because the Indian Spring's website warns you not to expect much because it is free. That said, the WiFi was the best service we have experienced in the last 3 months on the road. It was fast & reliable, probably because the campground was not overcrowded, and it seems the people who live their full-time have their own service.

The campground was quiet and well maintained. You can tell the owners really care about their property. Also, there is a path to the nearby river and the dog loved spending time in the water.

Exiting the campground and driving up the steep hill with the camper in tow was a little challenging, but we made it out without trouble.

If you can handle driving up and down the gravel road, you will love this campground. It is definitely a hidden gem, and one of the best experiences we have had. We will definitely stay at Indian Springs the next time we are in the area.

Love this place.

Very close to my home. I hike in to the remote campsite on the lake. Lots of fishermen and trash since the scum can’t seem to pick up after themselves. The cabins here are also great. Clean and nice location. I would suggest the overlook cabin. I generally tent camp and the Point, not many know of this location as it’s a decent hike in. Great place.

Hidden Gem

A+ campground.. fun activities.. kid friendly.. love playing BINGO here!!