Camping in Banning Place

88 Reviews of 23 Banning Place, New Mexico Campgrounds

Mike W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2021

Wild Rivers campgrounds

There are at least four established campground in the Del Norte Wild Rivers Recreation area with La Junta being a walk-in and the others camping areas having the capability of parking really close to covered tables. Area is on the edge of the gorge overlooking the Rio Grande 800’ below or the Red…

SiteLittle Arsenic
Reviewed Jun. 22, 2021

Huge spaces!

This is an amazing RV Park! The spaces are huge! We are on an end and I think ours is about a quarter acre in size! Really!There are lots of trees around and natural grass growing. There aren’t any shooting competitions going on at the time, so we don’t hear much shooting. There are only about 8…

• This photo was taken from the corner of our space! Huge!
  • View out our front door
  • This is the entrance into the center.
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Wonderful views, spacious sites!

We really like this RV Park! The spaces are wide and angled enough to allow for great views! There are no trees, so you will be using your AC and awning when it’s hot out. Sites were quite level and hookups are easy access. There are both full hookup sites and water and electric only sites; there…

• view from in front of RV
Mabel R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Really nice, would stay again

Really lovely drive out here, gorgeous view of the stars at night. Toilets at the front, a few picnic tables and sites. No campfires allowed.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Nice basic overnight stay site

SUPER friendly folks. It isn’t true 50 amp service. Uses a converter that plugs into two 30 amp sockets. They provide this for you. Nice grassy area to walk pups. Gravel pull through that is level. I would stop here again as an overnight spot

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 18, 2021

Nice basic overnight stay site

PThe Dyrt PRO User

Convenient place - Not great wifi

Overall I enjoyed staying here. The area is quiet and peaceful, there were some tiny trees for shade, they helped tremendously. I camp in my car, so this area was really nice for that, the ground is mostly gravel and not much space between the camp sites, probably not as enjoyable as a tent camper.…

PThe Dyrt PRO User

Convenient place - Not great wifi

Greg R.The Dyrt PRO User

Great for overnight, crowded

We love the place, some people took up a lot of space and blocked areas. Verizon was good 2-3 bars with LTE. Some gnats, had to go up a mile or so, to get a spot...1

• east
  • south
  • southwest
Site15ish
M
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Stunning sunset view and great price

Just watched an amazing sunset from our spot. Conveniently located and super affordable. Very nice greeting from the man at the front desk as well. Definitely a nice find just outside of Taos.

HThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Small area, nice creek

Sites were far enough from everyone else, but where right on the only road in and out. This is a popular spot between angel fire and taos. Not too primitive.

David I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Pretty Good

Good price for the experience. 25$ for a tent and 2 people. 5$ charge for each additional person.

The view is superb. Camping sites are a little close but not a problem. My only complaint is the bathroom. Disgusting Lol. But absolutely a must stop place to camp.

Blair S.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Don’t trust Dyrt directions

I’m sure there is beautiful camping in the area because it’s gorgeous out here, but after having to camp high up on an extremely rocky trail, I learned 2 lessons:

1. Don’t enter at night
  2. Don’t trust directions via Dyrt + Google Maps
J
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2021

Views for days

Great place to camp along the top of the Rio Grande.

Reviewed May. 30, 2021

Nice camp area

Close to highway in a canyon. Can be noisy at times. Small river with trout. This is a state park with a camp host.