The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Secretary , MARYLAND

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Secretary Camping Reviews
Excellent Weekend

Love this DE state park! 5 different loops. One for all tenting, loop E. One with all pull-through sites, loop D. Three with back in spots, loops A-C. If you want quiet, stay in loop D. This was a full weekend and a bit crowded. We had an end site facing the pond (C 20). Very level sites BUT a lot of trees in the way when parking your RV. Most spots have tight areas to maneuver into with trees and hookup posts on either side. We saw several we couldn’t believe they parked without hitting a tree. Lots of trails to hike and boat rentals; canoes, kayaks, paddle boats, pontoon boat, and I think a row boat. It’s located in lower DE near the MD line. There’s a walkway between all loops to connect them and easily walkable. Has electric and water hookups.

Secluded park close to DC

Nice spread out camp sites with power hookup.

Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

A good small park and campground

We stayed one night in a small cabin. It was cosy and warm on a cold night for fall. The cabins are clean and tidy and the campground is well run. It’s small and the sites are quite close together. There is a good trail around the campground, not long because it’s a small park, but the views of and access to the river are lovely.

Campground review

Great campground

Great Family Campground

Tall Pines Harbor is a great place for a family with kids. Management was very welcoming — the park does themed weekends throughout the entire year. Surprisingly enough, the campground was very quiet for being booked the entire weekend. Pets are welcome, everyone was friendly, and there is a lot of socializing opportunities at this park.

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!

So much to do at this park

We were only able to stay one night here, but I guarantee we’ll be back to enjoy all this place has to offer. There are multiple trails (red is the longest), a disc golf course, and of course, the pond for water activities. Our campsite was quite spacious even with two cars in the lot.

Tent Camping

We went camping at Killens pond for the first time a few weeks ago.  We camped in the G loop. Lots of woods for the kids to play in. Easy walk to the shower/bath house. The camp host was super nice and made sure that we had everything we needed.  Great place to take your family for an outdoor adventure. Hiking,  fishing, biking. They also have kayaking and peddle boats. We will definitely be back!