the dyrt
Water Unknown
About Hagerstown / Antietam Battlefield KOA
At this KOA, you can take a lazy canoe ride under a bright canopy of leaves. There's great fishing in the creek too! Meander along winding paths through extensive, lush rock gardens. Relax in the gazebo surrounded by flowers and herbs. Enjoy mini golf, a playground, an outdoor theater, game room, swimming pool and oversized chess and checkers. Participate in themed weekends during the summer. Check out the Haunted House in October, a chilling experience. On weekends, stop by KOA's nostalgic Remember When Diner. Enjoy hamburgers and fries, pizza or a crab cake dinner, as well as a full breakfast menu. Indulge in the soda fountain's old-fashioned malts, shakes and floats. With this KOA as your home base, visit Antietam, Gettysburg and Harpers Ferry battlegrounds. It's a great place for Scouts, church groups and family reunions.
Fee Info
Adults 18+, Kids 4-17, Free 0-3
KoA
Hagerstown / Antietam Battlefield KOA is located in Maryland
Directions
There is signage from both I-81 and I-70 From I-81 MD, take Exit 2, US 11 S Maryland 63 N or I-70 Exit 24, Maryland 63 S. Scenic drive follow signs on Kemps Mill Road For Big Rigs traveling on I-81 MD, we recommend taking Exit 4, then follow signs for I-70 W. On I-70, take Exit 24 and make a left onto MD 63 S. In less than 1/4 mile, take a right onto Everly Road. At the stop sign, take a left onto Rock Hill Road and the first right onto Kemps Mill Road. Follow scenic Kemps Mill Road approximately 1.4 miles. Follow KOA signs, don't use GPS.
6 Reviews of Hagerstown / Antietam Battlefield KOA
Lots of family fun.

We have stayed in the camping cabins here multiple times. We love the animals and activities for the kids. Fall is the best at this campground with the trick or treating and haunted house.

Great Family Campground

This campground is a wonderful place to stay. Everyone is very friendly and they have a lot to keep the kids busy.

goats!

a petite campground in a lovely setting. my kids were obsessed with the goats and the little mining table. the staff felt like family.

Small Campground, Very Close Sites

My biggest complaint about this campground is how close the sites were together. They packed a lot of sites into a small area and it shows. The campground was maintained well and easy to access. I wouldn't want to stay here for a long period of time, but for a quick weekend away with the family, it was decent.

Pleasant, but not for long stays

Small campground with not many amenities.

Decent, but forgettable.

Have visited this KOA several times, as a cabin renter, tent camper, and single day-entry user. It's not bad, but pretty small, cramped, and "tired"-looking. Definitely has a down-home feel, with the same high pricing as other KOAs, but not as many amenities. Maybe that's not the right word; I should say "smaller" amenities (smaller pool and playground, less bath houses, not as many activities offered). The creek backing up to the campground is very pretty, as is the landscaping throughout the property. However, the roads are very windy and narrow, and I can't imagine trying to maneuver a large RV in there.

Overall, although it's a pretty decent campground, it could use a facelift, and I feel it has most of the cons of a KOA (tight spacing, noise, and high price) with few of the pros (i.e., nicer amenities) that those who book KOAs usually expect.