Fort Washington Park, MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Fort Washington Park

Most Recent Fort Washington Park Camping Reviews
Good for a quick getaway.

Its pretty nice and has a water park as well. It has a lot of open space and also a river and hiking. Not a ton of other activities, but a great getaway. Its a but expensive in my opinion

Quiet close to Fredericksburg

Staff is friendly and helpful, site was a little tight and we don't have a big camper, squeezed between 2 trees, lake is not much to look at husband was gonna go fishing but it was really hot out, there pools not open yet they said there were just too many rules yet to open it, just thought they didn't want to bother. We came to get away from the crowds so this worked out great.

Clean, quiet campsite! The family and I had a great time. We enjoyed building a campfire and hiking all the beautiful and scenic trails! We will definitely go back again

Quiet and dark

The employee we spoke with on the phone was very nice. She helped to accommodate us on a morning check in. The campground was quiet and had some full timers. Their campers were newer and looked nice. There is a pool but we were not able to use it due to COVID. There is a large park area close to office with large trees and a playground.

Very Rude

I called for my reservation the lady hung up on me and was quite rude… i called back four times and they hung up on me twice, and never answered again. She wouldn’t give me her name.

Easier hiking, walking distance to Catonsville

A popular spot for afternoon walks and morning workouts, the trails are active with local residents and far away visitors.

You can also gain access to the Patapsco River by traveling down into the river valley along the Forest Glen Trail. This trail follows the Saw Mill Branch Stream and can connect with several trails to make for very interesting hiking adventures. The area also has a small campground with six mini-cabins and 12 basic campsites.

Beaches, clean, safe

This campground is very well taken care of, and seemed safe to me. There are wonderful views of the water and swimming at the beach, pavilions for social gatherings, showers and bathrooms that are kept pretty very clean, and room for backpacking, hiking, picnicking, but youth group camping only.

Great stop

Beautiful town and great place to stop on a road trip

Secluded RV Park

We have been here since the beginning of the COV19 pandemic. Most of the people here are permanent because they work at the Naval base. The facilities are good, but basic. There is a laundry room, a couple of bath houses, a playground for the kids and there is a pier that you can fish from. They do mow the grass in common areas and between camp sites. However, many campers have a mower or weed whacker to keep their site maintained. The people are friendly, but we are all keeping our social distancing. There is a guard at the gate and you need a military ID to get in. If you aren’t looking for something fancy, this place is good.