The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Maugansville , MARYLAND

Camping Maryland Maugansville Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Maugansville Camping Reviews
Wooded retreat

We stayed in a lovely cabin here while I was in town for work. My husband enjoyed the pool with the kids during the day and when I was there we enjoyed shuffleboard, mini golf and hiking together. The cabin was clean and well maintained and the cabins are at the top of the hill but that made for a beautiful view and we felt like we were away from everyone else. I wasn't as fond of the camper sites they seemed kind of close together but the cabins were amazing.

Dogwood Acres Campground .

Great campground run by a Great family!

Beautiful in the fall

Absolutely amazing fall color on the lake and great drives surrounding. Bathrooms are clean and hot showers.

Welcome to your home away from home

This campground is so peaceful. From the tranquil sound of the waterfall to the sounds of the ducks and egrets in the water. You are on an island in Pennsylvania…😲. The creek flows on both sides of the campground surrounding it entirely. One side is deep & good for fishing and the other is usually knee deep at deepest and so much fun to play around in. The owners David & Ali make you feel like your family on your first day.

Best Suited for Families

I grew up camping with my family at Rocky Gap every summer. The best feature of Rocky Gap is the versatility of the campgrounds. There are options for RV camping with electric, tent spots, small cabins, and the resort if you would rather have a more comfortable resort experience. Pets are allowed in a select few loops.

They have a range of activities available including a large lake to swim, fish or paddle. There are a few trails for hiking, at least 2 small “beach” areas off the lake with play grounds and a camp store. You can also go over to the casino resort for entertainment and food.

Alcohol is not permitted outside of the resort which is partly why I say this camping experience is better for families. Rangers routinely monitor the site loops and there is a quiet hours period, I believe starting at 10pm and you will have a ranger pull up on you if you do not adhere.

CAMPSITES BREAKDOWN:

Type: Gravel Vehicle Accessible: Yes Size: ~ 1 large tent or 2 compact tents. Most are the same size, fairly small spots. Bathroom: Communal bathhouses in the middle of each loop with toilets, sinks and showers. Fire pit: Yes, with grill grate. Firewood: Must buy firewood at camp store. Water access: Some, depending which part of the loop your site is located on. Electric: No unless RV camping. Alcohol Policy: Not permitted unless drinking in the Resort or a motor home. Other Features: Picnic table, small wood post counter / hook to hang a lantern on and place a camp stove on.

My new favorite

The primitive sites have a lot of space.

Great Site, Great Staff

Took our new Fifth Wheel for a shakedown trip and decided to try Twin Bridges Campground. Staff was polite, amenities are great and clean, and everyone was friendly and polite. Big spacious sites, and a honeywagon to make things easier (there weren't any full hookup sites the I saw besides the long term spaces). Would definatley stay here again.

Beautiful state park

We had a great stay at Cowans Gap. Very pretty park in a scenic valley between two mountain ranges. Very easy drive from DC. The sites around us were nicely spaced apart (we were in Loop A, site 142) but some other areas did loop more crowded. Nice hike up the Tuscarora trail - pretty steep with a few rock scrambles that made for a challenging but fun hike with our six-year-old.

Good and bad

It's a small campground and it was a little nerve-wrecking getting here for the last mile or two on local roads. There are a lot of fun activities for kids and the proximity to Antietam is nice. But, sites are tight lengthwise…whatever length you enter is the length site you'll get! Halloween parade was fun, but haunted house was HORRIBLE. We came in fall, so I can't judge summer and pool.

Quiet, spacious and heavily wooded sites

We stayed at site D72 for 4 days. The sites are quiet, very spacious, level, and heavily wooded with 50A service, water and sewer hookup. D Loop is for RVs, A, B, C& E are tents only. AT&T 5 MB/s w/o booster(1 bar), 8 MB/s with it(2 bars). There is no satellite coverage due to the heavy tree canopy. OTA TV was descent using an external omni antenna. There is no WiFi. There is a very nice network of trails, most if not all were leashed dog friendly.