Cecilia, KENTUCKY

Most Recent Cecilia Camping Reviews
A nice place near Cave City

I was traveling during everything shutting down, 2020, and feel lucky to have found this with lots of space between campers, all on gravel, and a pond and some long term people who seem to work there. Some families came and went the four days, and some overnight as they were headin to Canada, Massachusetts, and Texas. A small pond and field to walk or play on was a little wet when I came, dried out quickly, and another rain before I left Mar 26. There is a small number of items in the office for RVs and pop and ice cream. The proprietors want everyone to feel welcome and kids to have enough toys, fishin poles, and movies to borrow and return. I know I want to come back!

Cave Camping

We really enjoyed this place! It's located on the green river and has very spacious campsites. Plenty of room for the kids or dogs to run around. Very secluded. There is a concrete picnic table, pole and fire pit at each spot. Across the road to the ferry is a large pavillion with several more picnic tables for bigger gatherings. There are a few porta potties and no water or hookups. Primitive camping only. We tent camped here in July and saw hundreds of lightning bugs (see video)! It was magical, that really made the experience so much better for us!

Highly recommend a cave tour as well at Mammoth Cave National Park. You will not be disappointed!! Can't wait to go back!

A Great Place to Camp

Southern hospitality! Has horse camping with covered stalls. Great trails on Green River Lake State Park for hiking, biking & horses. Located close to boat ramps. You’ll be glad you chose Green River Stables!

Very nice and well maintained

One of the best camp grounds

Clean but close

The sites are very close to one another but nicely kept. It's a shame they don't open up the side that is closer to the river and spread the sites out a bit. 2 shower houses and lots of fun stuff for older children to do (8-12). Pretty quiet except it is on the airport path so at night you do hear a lot of traffic coming in. Internet is slow slow slow on the weekends if that matters to you or your teen. Plenty of restaurants and groceries right off the exit too.

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Clean campground

It was a great campground but paying to take a shower was a bit much. Especially when you already paid to camp. I would stay here if I had a self contained camper with a bathroom.

So beautiful !

This place was gorgeous! The hiking trails were amazing, the scenery was breathtaking, the sites were nice, and the nature center was so cool. We had a wonderful time and plan on returning many times to hike all the trails.

Accommodating

We arrived after hours and were told we could stay in a site, and in the morning they would find us an open campsite. Although it rained we still had a great experience at the campsite, hiking and caving.

Ranger Review Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket at Axtel Campground

Campground Review: I have stayed at and reviewed this campground before, however this time I am reviewing our experience at site I158 over Labor Day Weekend while using the Red Ledge Thunderlight jacket. Site I158 has no electric or water. It is a fairly small tent site that is very close to other sites. There is only enough room for 1 tent and 1 vehicle. The fire ring is nice and has a grill attached. There is a large picnic table and a prep table with a tall hook, which we hung our trash on. The site is gravel but I was able to put in my tent stakes with minimal effort. The site is completely wooded, so if you don't like tent camping near trees, this site is not for you. The upside is there are plenty of sticks for kindling. I did however get hit with a few falling acorns, and that did not feel good at all. The quiet time at this campground is respected and followed. The beach is great for hanging out and swimming in the lake. The beach had previously been damaged by flooding but was beautiful for Labor Day Weekend.

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt www.thedyrt.com, I get products to test from time to time and today I am reviewing the Men& Women's Thunderlight Jacket from Red Ledge https://www.redledge.com/products/mens-and-womens-thunderlight-jacket?variant=7068462153788. I made a video folding the jacket into the carrying bag after I returned home from camping.

1. What I liked about this product: The jacket fits great. Using the size guidelines on Red Ledge's website, I ordered the appropriate sized jacket and it fits perfectly. I like the sealed edges that kept any water from getting to my clothes underneath. This jacket is lightweight. It is a great jacket to use anywhere, but this would be great for back country camping. Because it's lightweight and breathable, I also used it for sun protection while sitting on Rough River Lake beach. The hood hangs over a little bit keeping the sun and rain out of your eyes. The cuffs and the bottom of the jacket are adjustable, which I love. Red Ledge offers this jacket in 13 different colors, but I chose Mercury(gray). The price of the jacket is a little higher than I expected, however, I believe this jacket will hold up over time and be completely worth it. As a tent camper, I have learned to spend a little more money on better quality products than to buy cheap stuff and have to keep replacing them.

2. What I didn't like about this product: I didn't quite understand how the hood adjust worked and it took me a little bit of figuring it out. However, once I understood what I was doing, it worked great.

Overall, I would recommend this jacket. My son has the youth version of The Thunderlight and he loves it. I think Red Ledge has made a good quality product that anyone can use and appreciate.