Camping in Westgate

513 Reviews of 50 Westgate, Georgia Campgrounds

Roger C.
Reviewed Sep. 18, 2021

Nice level sites

Have stayed here a couple of times. Loved it, premium sites close to the water are excellent.

Caitlin
Reviewed Sep. 17, 2021

Amazing Weekend Getaway

This is a great, cozy campground! Major canopy coverage provides shade and seclusion. Many great family activities available at the visitors center. These were the CLEANEST bathhouses I’ve been to in my life.

S
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Beautiful location that needs better management

Beautiful grounds with a great wadding river, waterfalls, hiking, mountain views & fun little farm. Could be or maybe once was a great camping park, but it’s sorely lacking management, staff, repairs and cleanliness. We loved our stay and would go back. It’s a gem that just needs some…

• Top of waterfall. Follow the secret steps!
  • Best darn ducks!
SiteEnota RV
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Very relaxing

My wife and i did the walk in tent camping. We had a nice, relatively secluded spot. This area of Lake Lanier is pretty quiet. Great fit kayaking or paddle boarding.

Ashley N.
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2021

Beautiful & dispersed

Near some trails (waterfall is 1mi from main trailhead). Forest road is super rough from east, I recommend coming from west. Lots of tent spots along road and water. Also a good backpacking spot on trail to waterfall (probably good for beginner backpackers)

• lots of trees!
T
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2021

Needs some TLC

We stayed there six years ago this week in fact. I loved where they put us. It was perfect. The down side not all all the washer and dryers were working. I would go to the office to get a cup of coffee out of a carafe which I had to pay for and the next day I came and it was the same coffee. Would…

Siteright on the creek nestled in the corner
Guy F.
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

STOLEN EQUIPMENT

Towns County Sheriff's Office, Georgia 3tSpongsoreufhd· Towns County Sheriff's Office and Cherokee County, GA Sheriff's Office executed a search warrant at Enota Moutan Retreat. Investigators located heavy equipment stolen from Cherokee County, GA Sheriff's Office as well as other jurisdictions in…

wThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

On the lake

It is a very nice park with spots on the water that you can pull your boat up on a beach and leave it. Very clean with hot showers and rest rooms. Swimming beach available. Water and power but no sewer , dump station available. Lake Lanier is a beautiful lake

Swain K.
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2021

Nice river view.

Nice sites but small. Clean campground. Bathrooms are clean. Have a pool, cabins, and store

SiteB9
kThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2021

Relax

We camped and had a great weekend. I highly recommend it. Everything worked perfectly. Bathrooms very clean. beautiful view

Jesse D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Pretty But Cramped

This campground was pretty and had an easy hike to a scenic waterfall. My only complaints are that the sites are on top of each other and are extremely visible, and the road noise is surprisingly loud.

• Campsite 18B
  • DeSoto Falls
Site18B
Month of VisitDecember
Cameron G.

Fun

We don’t like driving from this park, and it’s always such a good place to escape when we want a short getaway! The lake is always a good time and the campground is large! You can’t go wrong with this park!

Cameron G.

Family Friendly

We love Vogel! My husband and I grew up going to Vogel as children, and now get to take our little guy and watch him fall in love with it like we did. Clean facilities, hiking trails, swimming lake, creeks, and so much more. It’s a family favorite for us!!

Site76-78
Month of VisitNovember
L
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Awesome place to bring your kids

This place is very beautiful lots to do very clean and the staff very friendly recommend to anyone

Logan S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

By far our Favorite Park

This was our first official RV trip in our personal RV. We’ve stayed at National campsites in rentals and cabins. Yet this location was one of our favorites. The amenities they offer and the space they provide between campsites. We’re able to fish, swim, and so much more right at our camp site. …

Site35 & 38