Camping in Siloam

305 Reviews of 32 Siloam, Virginia Campgrounds

Jay N.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Nice water views!

We stayed in Meador site 14, which was the furthest away from the bath house (still only maybe 150 yards), but it was on the water & was the most secluded (just meaning it's at the end of the row not between other spots). It was freshly mowed, had a fire ring, picnic table, & was right on…

• View from Meador site 14
SiteMeador 14
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Hiker heaven

This is my go to park to hike. So many trails of all lengths. Historic homestead, amazing waterfalls, hiking, backpacking & climbing.

SiteC
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Peaceful & Quiet Camping

Arrived on a Friday morning & was the only one there. Had my pick of all the sites! Campground was very clean with trash bins & porta-potties. Trails were well maintained & short walk down to the river. Would definitely stay again!

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Large level sites convenient to Mayberry

The campground has a nice playground, large sites with grass and rock parking pads. Full hookups. All sites are in the sun. This campground is very convenient for touring through Mayberry.

Kevin M.
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2021

Nice weekend getaway!

We ventured out to this very remote campground. There is no cell signal or WiFi, so perfectly made for escaping the daily grind. The tent sites are awesome and you are truly in the wilderness with the closes store being 20 miles away. We had a wonderful time but the water was turned off at the site…

Robyn W.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

Waaaay up in the mountains

If you are fearless and willing to take your RV up a beautiful small winding road into the mountains this is the place for you. However, for myself it rained… so it was quite the experience driving up and considering the limited visibility. Also when I arrived at my site there was no power on the…

Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Room With View

Mayberry is big rig friendly even though it is set on a rolling hill/mountain. All sites are gravel and clean.

The campground doesn't have much to do, but it is a great place to stop a couple of nights to see Mayberry (My. Airy) and all the history of the Andy Griffith show.

• Fun Police Car Tour
Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Not my favorite

It’s an amazing drive to this campground, but it definitely wasn’t my favorite. Most of the sites are not level and it felt very crowded. The bathrooms and showers were pretty gross and I don’t think they were cleaned the 3 days we were there. Our site was by the dump station which was in sitting…

• trail near campsite with overlook views
  • am I Batman? :)
  • downhill bike ride to campstore
Jessica D.
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Wooded retreat on a creek

I stayed at site 19 which was located right on the creek. Ample space at the site. Dollar General a short drive to Sugar Grove for any forgotten items.

Michelle The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Never Again

We booked a full week here in June. Never again.

Let me start with the pros...the staff is attentive and always working. The pond is nice with the ducks swimming around. Great location to thenwineries.

Cons:

There are no trees to be found near the sites, and in the heat of summer you need some…

Reviewed Jul. 5, 2021

Looks good on New River

I didn’t camp here, but I took out my kayak at the boat ramp and looked around. Vault M/F toilet, BYOTP. No hookups and I didn’t see a water spigot. Plenty of shade. Closed during flood.

Sally C.

Nice Place For Overnight

Very nice private campground for overnight RV stay. Full hookups, clean and level spaces. Neighbors are close, but not too bad. Little shade, no swimming, nothing much here. A couple catch & release ponds.

• Stayed in site #7 on our way south.
N
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2021

Highly recommend for a quiet relaxing trip!

Beautiful small campground and everything is done top notch! Prettiest bath house I've ever seen! Pull thru sites with concrete pads. No leveling needed. Couldn't be easier to pull in and set up. Very quiet.

• Pilot Mountain view
  • Bathhouse
Dave V.The Dyrt PRO User

Andy Griffith's favorite haunt with Helen Crump

I have driven past geological knob numerous times in my NC travels, but this time I was able to visit. I usually travel 'by the seat of my pants' and hope to find an available site and being early week I was able to easily secure a site.

Of the 42 campsites, less than a dozen were filled, so I had…

• Entrance Sign
  • Pretty self explanatory
  • Trail signage
DThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 27, 2021

Great well thought out park

The sites are spacious and pristine. Level sites with view of mountains. Each site has mosaic picnic table and fire pit. All sites are fhu and level. We definitely will be back.

• site 16 is the best!