The best WALK IN camping near
Dandridge , TENNESSEE

This Black Friday Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Dandridge Camping Reviews
Perfect location and beautifully kept!

Very clean and beautifully decorated campground located on the backside of Sevierville away from all those crowds on the main strip. Check in was simple, owners are very attentive, and grounds are beautifully kept. There’s laundry on site, and ice-firewood-charcoal are readily available all hours of the day and night. There are hammocks and swings on the riverbank for anyone to enjoy and during the summer campers get an hour of tubing or kayaking in the Little Pigeon River as part of their reservation. Campground is just about a 10 minute drive from Pigeon Forge or Dollywood. Road noise is a little loud from our campsite, but other than that it’s perfect. We’ll definitely stay here again!

Nice, friendly

Nice clean rv park. Very easy to get to from I40.

Heart of the Smoky’s

Pros:

• beautiful and scenic
  • Near great trails
  • lots of wildlife - saw a bear!
  • clean and quiet campground
  • camp store nearby
  • easy enough to get to with an RV
  • reserved same day

Cons:

• campsites are kind of close to each other
  • no dogs allowed on trails (I know that’s pretty common for national parks, but it’s still something we look for)
Backcountry-Dark Hollow West

I’ve stayed at this site a couple times now and I love the location. The site is a short and easy hike (under 2 miles) from the parking lot via the Lake Trail to the Dark Hollow Trail. The site is tucked off the trail and has access to a stream that is directly across from the site entrance. I’ve also finished the trip by hiking the loop back out by continuing on Dark Hollow to Big Valley Trail, to Ghost House Trail and back to Lake Trail (5.3 miles total). These sections of the trails are easy to moderate.

Family friendly and great location

Great spot with good access to pigeon forge, gatlinburg, and seveirville. Some spots are tight but the blob trampoline made my kids stay!

Very nice campground

This is a great campground and the owners are great. Any need you have, they will try their best to fulfill it.

Overall quiet and fairly priced but some long termers bring down the qualit

So this campground is in a decent location not far from town (Knoxville) and right off lake inlet and A26 is right off lake. Only regarding my location its been quiet and people keep to themselves other than being neighborly. May get a bit more noisy on weekend as people roll in with kids and pets. Laundry is adequate and fairly priced and bonus takes credit cards for payment (no looking for change). Its a bit run down but for 38/night for full hookup and weekly rate knocks off a night its not bad. There are some long termers here that bring the aesthetic down with very old campers and trash and older equipment and cars around but around my area its clean, so I only see it on my way out the loop. The advertised wifi doesn't reach the campsites though so don't depend on it and when I connected at laundry to test it was like a 1/1Mbps speed. Cell Data signal isn't great here either. I have a dual LTE router that I was only getting ATT 3G signal with normal antennas but once I connected the exterior antenna I had been waiting to install I got 4 bars ATT LTE (105 dbM) so I can pull a ratty 30Mbps down and 15Mbps up. I also have a Visible sim but its kinda limits at 5Mbps on good signal but it has 5 bars Version LTE, so actual verizion customers may get better signal.

Definitely going back!

We love staying here. It is so well done. Each site is clean and roomy with private fire pit. The premium sites have custom fireplaces and the views are gorgeous. I imagine it’s lots of fun in the summer with the lake and the private beach. People are so nice!!

Wonderful

Well kept and beautiful. Very relaxing with the sounds of the river. Full hook up we’re reasonably priced. We are looking forward to a return trip.

Great stream and falls nearby

Good campground. Would be crowded in peak season due to proximity of sites to one another. It is very close to the creek, which is very scenic. There are some nice falls just down the road and it is a short hike