The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Coal Hill , TENNESSEE

Camping Tennessee Coal Hill Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Coal Hill Camping Reviews
Pretty good campground overall

It's a pretty good campground overall, stayed there 2 or 3 times with my son's Cub Scout/Boy Scout pack. Generally it's a pretty quiet campground that doesn't see quite as much camping as you might expect from a state park. It's got a tiny gift store so it would be recommended that you either bring your own food and drinks or you can take a ride to either Williamsburg or LaFollette to stock up on items for your stay.

Favorite spot on the lake!

Yarberry Peninsula is such a great place to spend time, no matter what time of year you visit. This trip was in January, and it was chilly, especially on the lake front site I stayed on, but it is just so beautiful, you can handle a little cold to stay at such a nice place. I booked site 19, and it is waterfront, with so much space right on the shoreline. I highly recommend booking your spots very early, as it cam be difficult to get a spot during the warmer months. There is a campground store, it was not open when I was there this time, but usually is during warmer months. They have essentials, and rental kayaks and such. The campground is gated, so there’s not really any traffic passing through. The sites are all mostly level, and I think most have a lake view even if you’re not lakefront. They have boat slips for rent also. I’m really looking forward to staying here this summer!

Nice, Quiet, Rural with full hookups and Wifi.

Very nice quiet, rural campground with full hookups and wifi and General Store/Cafe walkable M-SA 11-5pm. It is very quiet and very dark. This is very rural so see recommendations for distances to nearest places We camped at Brooks Corner Campground& RV Park in a Travel Trailer.

Tip for Other Campers:

Propane is available for:

-20lbs swap-outs at the local Dollar Trees(Jamestown or near Eglin/Robbins both are~20m away)

-Fillings at Tractor Supply(Oneida~40m/Jamestown~25) or Schaefer and Schaefer Welding Supplies(Oneida~40m)

Groceries:

-Walmart(Oneida~40m/Jamestown~25)

-Dollar Trees(Jamestown or near Eglin/Robbins both are~20m away)

Fast Food:

-KFC/Sonic/McDonalds- Jamestown

-Lots of Options in Oneida

-RM Brooks General Store has Lunch 11-5 Mon-Sat and Breakfast on Sats starting at 830

USFS Remote Campground

The lost cove campground can be found deep in the wilderness of the Cherokee National Forest outside of Benton, TN. The campground is operated and maintained by the USFS. Once leaving the pavement of the main road and traversing a well maintained gravel road for 7 miles you will reach the Lost Cove Campground. A portion of campground adjoins a small creek. The creek can be used for shallow water wading or fishing. During our visit in Mid January there were no other visitors at the campground. The campground offers concrete picnic tables, lantern post, a pit toilet and bear safe trash receptacles. There is no potable water available from a spicket and no Verizon cell reception.

Best campsite of our trip

Overall: A+

All around excellent experience from the check in with the Park Ranger, choice of lake view spots, nice bath house, and quiet location. Even with the short trip off the Interstate the side was quiet and scenic.

There are a number of sites either right on or with lake views. The bath house was clean and warm and very accessible to most RV stalls. The water at the stall was off, as expected, as we were there in Late December.

I plan on stay at this site again, so should you.

Great place to spend Christmas Night passing through

Beautiful park to pass through for Christmas night on the Lake with snow!! Beautiful site with lots of trees. They communicated with me because we were getting in on Christmas night & can’t wait to return to stay a few nights next time.

Great Spot on Norris Lake

Loyston Point is a great campground on Norris Lake, which is known as one of the nicest lakes around. The campground has multiple lakefront sites, as well as lake view, and several wooded sites, if you are looking for more seclusion. There’s also some small cabins. Something for everyone here!

One thing to be aware of- not all the sites have a water spigot, several spots have a shared spigot, so he sure you have a really long hose if you are camping in an rv. I was in site 50, and was in between the spigots, so I’m not sure my hose would have reached if I were in my camper. Other than that, the campground is amazing. Bathhouses were extremely clean and maintained. Sites were spacious, lots of trees, even on the lakefront sites. Just beautiful.

This area is big for mountain biking also. There’s a parking lot with restrooms and I can almost guarantee it will be full of MTB riders. So much to do here all year round.

Best for Mtn biking

Can’t beat the biking, hiking and water sports! Clean and nice showers. Steps from biking. We stayed at a site right on the water. Not super private but the area and activities make up for the lack of privacy. And whatever you do make sure you visit the Clinch River Brewery just a short drive away.

Lots to see!

We stayed at the main area but not much space or privacy so we put up a tent out side our door, but then moved to the tent camping site area the second night which was more secluded and private, but still close to the showers/bath house. So much hiking and a cool view of the dam is all within walking distance. Nice bath rooms and showers too.

Quiet FREE Campground

Rhea Springs is a wonderful free campsite in central Tennessee which permits stay up to 14 days. As a part of the TVA the property as a whole is well maintained despite some obvious wear and tear on the restroom facilities.

I pulled into Rhea Springs later in the afternoon on a Wednesday and found a waterside site with ease. Though there were several other campers there it did not seem crowded at all as spacing of sites is well thought. I camped in my van near the waters edge in a semi flat area, though I will say some sites are much more uneven than others. I was on the main entry area as opposed to the peninsula are for camping as that seemed to be attracting more group camps and louder crowd at the time of my visit.

All sites are equipped with a fire ring and picnic table, but additionally they have a trash can which is picked up every few days by the TVA maintenance. Additionally you can find trash and recycling near the restrooms.

The restrooms were large enough for a couple of stalls and a very large kind of dingy looking shower. The shower had no curtain so a bathing suit or a buddy would be needed to use this and have privacy. The water in the showers does get very warm, so that is a bonus. There are also no mirrors in the restroom so if you are counting on one to get ready for the day pack one in with you.

When I visited my initial goal was to stay a single night but I really enjoyed the waterfront positioning of my campsite during the rains, it was very peaceful and coaxed me into a second night’s stay. I would definitely return to this campsite again in the future!