Lake Cumberland, KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Lake Cumberland
Most Recent Lake Cumberland Camping Reviews
Great State park

Great state park. Full hookups and close to I-75. Well kept with clean bath house. Paddle boats and walking trails.

I loved site 48 at Cliffy Campground. It was the most secluded spot we could find. Definitely book ahead of time if you can.

Wonderful place

This is one of the better places for peace. The grounds are good as well as the scenery the river access is great. This is a great place for your family!

Beautiful place

The falls here are great ! The hiking is good, the only thing is the markers are a little confusing . When we went some of the trails where closed and it was unclear on the trail markers where to go. The facilities where good except the bathrooms where closed . The rest was clean and the staff was very knowledgeable.

Not sure we’ll come back

We were not very impressed with the campground. The water and electric hookups on some sites are very from from the pads. We had to park our trailer close to the hookups which means we are just barely off the road. The sites are very small and some of them are very unlevel. Unfortunately not sure we would come back.

Not the best place for toddlers, but perfect for adults with older children!

The sites are pretty private and mostly wooded. There were acorns everywhere that our littles kept getting ahold of, and most of the trails are much longer than 2 miles, so there wasn't much to do with our two toddlers.

That being said, the hiking that we did do was amazing. This is beautiful country and the campground was nice.

The sites were a bit short and we couldn't park our tow vehicle in front of our 17' camper. So large campers beware. There are limited parking spots near the shower house.

The tent pads were huge, lots of space to play at each site.

We were really hoping to see a black bear but had no luck.

Not bad

We stayed in the H area. All the areas before H appeared to have sewer hookup but we didn't. Simple playground nearby as well as a basketball court. Nets needed to be replaced but hey, it's not the YMCA. Bath houses close to us. Not super clean but not dirty. Spots were pull through so that was a plus. Pretty unlevel though. Bring lots of blocks. Burn ban in effect so no campfires but it was a good precaution to take for sure. Might visit there again but definitely want sewer hookup and will take more blocks.

Awesome campground

Stayed 3 nights with my granddaughter and we had a wonderful time. Perfect size for our Range Runner mini camper.

Great campsites beautiful place

BIg South Fork is like a breath of fresh air . It's one of our favorite places . It doesn't which side you arrive on everything is full of beauty .

Horses galore

East Fork Stables is a HUGE equestrian campground that , guess what….you don’t have to have a horse to stay at! They have a whole loop complete with a pavilion cookhouse and annoying triangle bell that’s perfect for campers, tents and hammocks.

The showerhouse is nice and clean. The sites plenty big and mostly shaded.

Of course you can use any of the loops but the rest will have some really big animals hanging out.

There are miles and miles of trails. Waterfalls , overlooks and scenery. A nice gift shop/camp office and cabins.

I stayed here for the Cumberland Plateau Stage Race. The race director actually reserved the whole campground for his event.

Functional

One step up from a parking lot style campground. BUT it has some character. There are cabins, a showerhouse and pavilion in addition to the row of campsites.

Jamestown, Tn is right outside Pickett SP, Big South Fork and Daniel Boone NF so this would be a good base camp in town near amenities.

Old meets new

Nice small , historical campground/state park. One of the CCC built areas. Small circle campground with several pull through sites and electric or primitive to choose from. Quiet, at least when we visited. Water to kayak or swim in. A swing bridge across the water to the upper trail. The ladder trailhead is in the upper campground. Very technical, and challenging trail. This would be a good State Park to visit with younger children.

In the middle

This was a new camping area for us . The views are good the camping was not as great.

Wonderful beautiful place

The park is wonderful with great view a truly nice place .

Great spot!

I thought this campground was very nice! The camp hosts were very friendly and the spots were nice and secluded. The campground had bathrooms and showers. Close to laurel lake and close to the marina. Corbin is nearby also, where the original KFC is by the way! Also check out Cumberland falls in the area!!

Awesome place

This park is gorgeous and great for family . The hiking and camping is wonderful.

A good camping spot

Big South Fork is a good place to stay anywhere in the park . It is truly a beautiful place . It is also great for family.

Beautiful place

This is a great place for the family. The hike have great views, the facilities are clean and well kept. The personal there is wonderful.

A great time, great view this a wonderful place.

We stayed on a three day two night trip. This is a wonderful park . The beauty is amazing , the sound of the quite along with the terrain is so peaceful.

Absolutely wonderful

Bandy Creek is one of the most beautiful places . There is a wonderful peace there that gives your mind a new refreshing perspective on life.

Quiet and Simple

This Corp of Engineer campground is a small quiet lakeside getaway. Our site was $25 per night with water and electricity hookup. No full hookups here and several tent only sites. No issues and overall a very quiet place. Showers were clean but kinda small as usual. The only drawback is climbing all the steps to get to them. However, there is one handicapped accessible shower/toilet with handicap parking. Nothing fancy about this place but the lake view, privacy, and sounds of nature make up for anything posh. Will definitely stay again.

Great place

Great place to camp stayed there for a week and was great I think campsite 31 or 30 and it was back at the corner by itself and shady and kinda secluded

Hot

It’s a hot place with no electric hookups at $12 a night and $100 for a yearly pass and a proposed raise to $20 a night is a joke. Guess we won’t be camping there anymore,,, if we gonna pay that price I’ll go to where there is electric even if it’s a little more pricey

Okay tent site

Got here just after dark. Was a bit difficult finding the office. The office was closed but they left me information on my assigned site and a map. The tent sites are off a gravel, poorly maintained path that was difficult to locate in the dark. The site itself was okay but on a hill. The location was convenient and my pup enjoyed using the enclosed dog area to run around.

Ranger Review: GCI Freestyle Rocker Pro at Bandy Creek Campground

Bandy Creek Campground is located in The Big South Fork National River and Recreation area on The Cumberland Plateau. Big South Fork is a great place for outdoor adventure. Some activities include hiking, horseback riding, rick climbing, tubing, kayaking, swimming, fishing, mountain biking, and just about anything else! The area is never overcrowded, even in the middle of summer. There are many scenic views throughout the area, so bring a camera!

Campground review: Bandy Creek Campground is a great place! The sites are all spacious, and wooded for the most part, so you have plenty of space and some privacy. The campground seemed quite large, and was fairly empty for a Weekend in August. Some sites have food storage lockers (not sure if all do) as the area is a bear habitat. We saw some deer and turkeys, so there’s wildlife around for sure!

There is tent loop, and a group camp area, and I believe the campground hosts several retreats.

There’s riding stables at the camp store too. The campground also has a large swimming pool, with lifeguards.

The restrooms were immaculate! Seriously the cleanest campground restrooms I believe I’ve seen. Ours had a filtered water bottle fill up fountain too.

This campground is really nice, and quiet, but also has so much to do, I highly recommend it!

Product Review: As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to try out products sometimes, and today I’m trying out the GCI Freestyle Rocket Pro! https://www.gcioutdoor.com/camping-chairs/freestyle-rocker-pro/

The Freestyle Rocker Pro is one of the best chairs I’ve used! It is actually much lighter than I expected, and is still extremely sturdy. Lightweight gear is a must when camping, or attending events!
It has a carry handle so you don’t need to try to fit it in a case to have a strap like other chairs I’ve used. The Rocker was smooth on natural surface, pea gravel, and concrete. It is very comfortable, quiet, and relaxing. It folds up super easy with just a pull of the handle. One feature that I especially love is the cup holder and side pocket. It will actually hold a drink without spilling, and you can fit a phone, keys or other small items in the pocket. This chair is awesome! Two thumbs up!!

Best staff, super clean, lots of activities

Easy pull through RV sites, some with patios, some extra room, mostly shaded. Kids enjoyed the pool, Gaga ball, playground, jumping pillow, and passport activities. Overall an excellent stay!

Entrance and exit are a bit steep, just take it slow :)

What’s not to like?

We have stopped here several times on our way to/from Ohio from the South.

As others have mentioned, all the sites have concrete pads (fairly level) with full hookups. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Nice view of lake and some shade trees. Perfect for our truck camper. All for a price of less than $30 (with senior discount).

We’ll certainly be back.

Awesome Campground

Campground is awesome. Very clean and a lot of great amenities

I love this place

It was my first time camping. So much to do on site. Great shade. I love this place. Pet friendly.

Nice campground with a great little hike

I stayed here in early March of 2018. The campground is so prone to flooding that they have the picnic tables on the lower loop chained down so they don't float away. The hike to Bee Rock is very enjoyable. Lots of small falls and cool views of the muddy river.