Lake Cumberland, KENTUCKY
Most Recent Lake Cumberland Camping Reviews
Nice little campground

Clean campground with plenty of recreation for the kids. Everything is spread out so be prepared to walk or take a short drive.

Your Average Suburban Campground

Nice campground, if a bit suburban. Pool, parking lots, nice bathrooms. Tons of spots available even on a weekend in June. Short (5-10 min) drive to the river. If I did it again I'd find a backcountry spot - there are several on the Angel Falls trail that are just a short walk in.

Great Overnight Stop

This is a great overnight stop for us.  They have complete full utility hook ups, Wi-Fi and you can walk to several restaurants and mini mart.  The mini mart also has diesel.  Easy on and off to and from I-75 at Exit 41 at London KY.

Good camp area

Good and clean campground with boat ramp, bath house, playground, picnic areas. Nice shady campsites, great views of beautiful Lake Cumberland. Good family place.

Good camp ground

My family and I have camped here most of my life. There has been lots of improvements to the camp ground. There is also several shelters you can rent for different events. There are hiking trails near the entrance of the camp. There is several different types of camp areas ranging from primitive to cabins. There are several play ground areas close by for the kids to play. You can bring your boats along and put them in right there they have 2 different ramps on either side of the camp ground. The only thing I would add is another bath house at the lower end of the camp areas. Something for everyone.

Nice area. No sewer or cable but everything else is good. Government run facility.

Home away from home

This place speaks to your soul. River side tent sites on a shaded, sandy river bank. Reserve online, go straight to camping!! Self serve, no fuss. Fire rings provided. Local guy delivers firewood to your site with one call!! Trails, canoe, kayak, swim, fish, relax. Great time to be had here. Affordable!!!

Great Campground in a great National Forest!

Holly Bay is a great campground in the beautiful, but not very well known Daniel Boone National Forest. The campsites are semi-private with a fire ring, electricity, water (at each campsite), lantern pole, bathrooms and bath house. The campground is also on a lake with several good hiking trails around. I highly recommend it this campground!

Waters edge camping!!

The best campground on GRL!!! Only flaw…. no showers!

Very compact

Great campground when not busy. Sites right next to each other. We were the only ones there the night we were there and it was really lovely. Lots of trash along the shore, very sad to see. Wonderful campground hosts!

Awesome experience for a kayak.

My first experience to a boat in and did it all on my own! My boat was my kayak. I parked at the Grove marina and packed all I could on my kayak and headed to the sites. This was a pretty decent paddle away and I waited til too late to get there. It was dark once I set up but an awesome could helped me with fire wood and had a nice talk around their campfire. Beautiful area. Very busy on labor day weekend!!

There are vault toilets but no showers.

Wonderful Eclipse Weekend

Some friends and I camped at Standing Stone during the 2017 Solar Eclipse. The state parks in Tennessee all hosted special programs for the event, and Standing Stone park rangers invited everyone to row out on the lake to watch this magnificent phenomenon. They provided boats and life jackets for everyone who registered and made sure everyone made it out on the water in time. The park also provided everyone with takeaway bags that included eclipse glasses and commemorative swag.

The campground and facilities included water and electric hookups as well as bathrooms with showers. Dogs are allowed as are camp vehicles.

The park has lots of great hiking trails, a playground, and a pool with concessions.

At the end of our trip, my car battery died and we called the park office. Within minutes, a park ranger arrived to jump me off. I can't say enough good things about this park.

Lots of history

This this campsite offers everything you need for a great camping experience. Out tent camping was complete with electricity and a short walk to the bathhouse. It also offered a fire pit and picnic table and lots of shade. You can rent a small Jon Boat for $50 a day and they also offer small bundles of firewood for $5. We fished on Kelly Lake and caught about six fish that were keepers.

Great camping experience

Standing Stone is a great place to camp. The park has spacious campsites, a beautiful lake, and lots of great hiking trails. I would definitely go back.

Great time!

Family oriented, pet friendly, peaceful with playground for the kids and lots of nature to explore.

Great for boating!

Great beach access. Quite and very clean.

Beautiful Landscapr

Campground is surrounded by lake. Has a beach for swimming and playgrounds for the kids.

Great Campground

Nice COE campground. Plenty of trees . Clean and quiet

Great Campground

Fishing Creek Campground is an very nice campground. Located on the Fishing Creek portion of Lake Cumberland. This is a Corp of Engineers facility. Well maintained and shady. Lots of trees. Both RV and primitive camping. Playground, bath house and boat ramp are available. Some sites have a lake view. This is a nice quiet place to stay.

Great Place

I have camped at this campground for over 58 years. It has been improved over the years and still needs work. More RV sites have been added. More are needed. Great place to go camping and priced well.

Super friendly very close to lake

sites r spacious

beautiful views

I have been going to this campground my entire life. It has 10 sites that are spread out on kind of a peninsula sticking out in the lake. It is up on a hill,so the walk to lake is a hefty one from some of the sites. The sites are level and spacious, also they feel secluded. The ramp is a steep grade as are most of the ramps at this lake. The showers and bathrooms are clean and updated. There is a dump station on site. There is a playground and plenty of walking to do. The sites have electric and I think water on each site. The hosts were wonderful. It is out in the middle of nowhere, but worth it. We drove out and bought ice and vegetables on the honor system at a little stand. There are stores to restock supplies not too far away and it is about 20 minutes to Conley Bottom Marina which has a restaurant and general store. We love this place and will definitely go back.

ATV Riders Paradise

This place is surrounded by thousands of miles of riding trails, so bring your Side-by-side! New River runs through it also, so it’s perfect to fish, float or kayak. We were in a tent, but the have cabins also, not sure about rv sites. We stayed in August and they had a concert event going on and it was a blast!

Hiking and Scenery

Not a large campground. Some of the best hiking and scenery around. Excellent location.

The grove is a small friendly wooded campground with primative and rv spots

This campground is a favorite in my hometown. Very friendly camp hosts every year. Quaint camping areas private and semi private areas. Primitive camping if you like to really rough it with nice trails to each spot. The camp hosts comes by nightly to see if you need wood or ice. Very convenient if you dont want to leave your camping area. The marina is just a short distance from the campground if you bring your boat to enjoy Laurel lake. You can walk to the lake from the campground but its quite the hike downhill all the way so of course the hike back is a bit harder. You are close enough to hear the boats on the lake at the lower camp areas in the campground. Enjoy our trips every time we go.

The marina us very welcoming. The staff are very helpful.

This campground is very clean and the rangers are very effective at keeping the noise down.

So well kept and amazing scenery

The facilities are amazing and well maintained. There is a large loop for primitive camping and additional loops for electric/ RV sites. If you are a mountain biker, you can ride directly from the campground.

Amazing campground

Great campground and park. Unbelievably clean bathrooms and showers! Site have bear proof cabinets for your cooler, and rangers are super friendly.

Rustic

The campground is a little small and sites are oddly placed, but a great little hike to the falls makes a great day!!

Close to boat ramp

This campground has boat ramp very accessible. The shower house has both showers and stalls but are not kept clean during very busy times.