Valley Falls , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Valley Falls Camping Reviews
Just OK

Pluses: Nice river and lake Excellent WiFi Helpful staff for parking

Minuses: Bathrooms are yuck - need redone Campground is loud from frontage road and running parallel/below Highway I-40 AND train going by.

Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!

Pretty & Pleasant

We stayed in Long Arm paddle-in area 2. Park staff was not very helpful at all when we first arrived, but despite the attitude and the terrible rainy weather, we found our site fairly easily. As other reviews here and elsewhere mention, the tent pads don’t drain well and huge puddles develop- some sites were completely overtaken by a full inch of water. Thankfully the rain stopped on our first night, but it could definitely ruin a trip. The privy was nice to have, but I could smell it at every campsite and that definitely bothered me. Overall a decent weekend, but my suspicions that I am just not a Lake Person were confirmed.

Pretty and convenient.

20 minutes from downtown Asheville, we got to enjoy the city a little bit while also camping. Campground and staff were great but campsites are extremely close together (we stayed at hard times loop), some of the RV sites at Big John Loop seem to have a bit more privacy, however those are completely paved and not suitable for tents. We have Verizon and usually get service everywhere even spotty locations but our phones hardly worked there and definitely no internet. We got lucky (due to the cold I think), the site next to us was empty until our last day. The showers kinda suck, it’s a few seconds of timed release, if you’re trying to get clean and wash your hair having to keep pushing a button every 30 seconds that the water goes out is pretty annoying, specially when it’s so cold. And the lack of pressure and position of the shower makes you have to almost lean on the wall.

Wonderful family campground

Just spent the weekend here and loved it! Great place for kids with jump pad, swingset, slides, climbing dome, pool, a creek to explore, hiking trails, and more! We planned to explore the area (Chimney Rock, Lake Lure) but ended up staying the entire time in the campground. Just a beautiful new place, very relaxing. We will definitely be back! Would be a wonderful place to plan a group trip due to the variety of accommodations (RV sites, treehouses, remodeled campers, pods, tent sites, etc.).

Great trip

This was a great weekend trip. Camp sites were large and had enough privacy! Very clean bathrooms and showers! Would highly recommend.

First solo trip - perfect spot!

I decided to stay at Lake Powhatan for my first solo camping trip and campsite 063 was the perfect location. I was right next to the campsite host and the bathrooms, so I felt safe the whole time. I went during the week, so despite being next to the bathrooms, it was very quiet. The only downside to this site was the picnic table was directly on top of the trees, so my hammock was almost directly on top of the table. But other than that, I have no complaints.

The bathrooms were very nice. Staff came around and cleaned the bathrooms and showers every morning. And the fact that they were both individual, private rooms were very convenient, as I had my service dog with me, so I was able to bring a towel to put on the ground while I showered and I didn’t have to worry about anyone else in the bathroom trying to pet him.

All of the staff was super friendly, but it was a minor inconvenience that the campground store was closed due to COVID, so if you needed ice or firewood, you had to drive up to the gas station that was a few miles out.

I would definitely go back again though!

This place is incredible

We love Montreat and Black Mountain but we are broke college students so we camp. This beats any hotel ever. I think my dog love that just as much as I did