Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 60 ft.
Creekside Mountain Camping is located in North Carolina
8 Reviews of Creekside Mountain Camping
A wonderful getaway

I was thrilled to find a campsite available with an amazing view. While our site was very small, it was perfect for me and two teenage kids. They loved being next to the creek and watching the water move. We already have our next visit booked! It probably won't be our last time, either!

Needs some love

We stayed in site 20 and my take on this campsite is that it just needs a little love and care.  My site was next to the creek which was nice.  On one side of me was a permanent trailer of someone who lives there and on the other side, nestled into a triangle was my neighbor.  His sewage had been overflowed by the last camper and they had to get the management to help clean it up before they connected.  It's pretty clear that the sites weren't checked or tidied between campers.  There's no cell signal (T-Mobile) and even though the camp supposedly has WiFi, they've not set it up to cover the campground.  It really just covers the camp store area.

It just bothers me sometimes when I see a place like this that could be so great, if there was just a bit more love and care put into the place.

On the plus side, this was our first RV camping trip with our new (to us) 2007 Keystone Laredo 265RL.  Setup and everything went great and we just loved it.  Overall a successful trip but just a bit disappointed in the campground.

Great spot off of the beaten path

This was a great little spot away from the hustle and bustle of the highway. Very close to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure. Pool was clean. Arcade on site. The office has almost anything you could think of so you shouldn’t have to leave. You may want to bring any Meats and veggies for cooking but other than that it is almost like a small general store! Cabins up the hill away from everyone if you wish to be slightly secluded. Small Black Bear wandered up and stole some burgers we left in the cooler and came back later to say hey and check up on us so be aware and keep your food under lock and key. Tried to get a picture but he ran as soon as he saw us moving. Overall a great experience. Wish the bathroom facilities were updated. Not a bad price for the overall experience. Had the white noise from the creek to keep us dead asleep at night.

We have stayed at better

We decided to rent a camping cabin for the weekend. The cabin was fine for what we needed for the weekend. I didn’t feel like the people that worked there were very friendly and I didn’t get the sense that they took a lot of pride in the campground. The bathrooms could have been swept and cleaned a lot better. There was trash around the campground that I felt would have been picked up at other campgrounds we have visited. We camp a lot…This campground has so much potential. It just needs a more welcoming staff and a little more attention to details. I’m usually a tent camper, so I’m not very picky. I might return for a quick weekend trip if I can’t find another place, but I can’t see myself staying there for a week.

Just ok

Small nice campground, friendly staff, but their bathroom are dirty

Very convenient to lots of sites.

Very close to Chimney Rock and Lake Lure.

Creekside MTN

The campground was nice.The pool and bathrooms were ok.The creek was beautiful

Nice amenities

This is a good family option with a pool, store, and laundry. The tent sites are removed enough that you can feel private if you need to. Snag a tent site by the creek and enjoy fishing and hopping in the clear water. My son spent hours hopping along the rocks in the creek.

Black Friday Gift: 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift