Standard (Tent/RV)
Yurts
About Black Forest Family Camping Resort

Located 12 miles south of Brevard, NC at an elevation of 3,000 ft.

65 Wooded Acres, 100 Shaded, level sites, 30/50 amp RV sites.

Private
Hike In
RVs and Trailers
30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Max Length: 50 ft.
Black Forest Family Camping Resort is located in North Carolina
13 Reviews of Black Forest Family Camping Resort
Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.

Poor water pressure

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Do not recommend!

We had a terrible experience here. We rented one of the camping RV's and paid by check in advance. The campground was recommended on a travel group I belong to on facebook. We drove 4 hours and when we showed up and checked in, we were greeted kindly but it went downhill when we went to the RV. The RV was very old(maybe 20 years?) and smelled like mold/mildew. We opened the windows in an effort to air it out. My son and husband thought that it smelled like sewage, and the lights on the black tank indicated full. We went back to the office to inquire about the smell and the black tank. The lady working the desk said her husband would check the black tank after he finished supper and that it should smell like peppermint. I can assure you that it did not. My kids were already asking if they could sleep in the car at this point. The husband checked the tank and said it was empty but the indicator was broken. We were at a loss as to what to do, as we were sure if we stayed, we would have gotten sick. Two of us have asthma and 2 of us have allergies and I was afraid that if we stayed in it, we would be sick with bronchitis as that is usually what happens when I am exposed to mold. Also, given covid- I don't think most people would want this risk. The husband said that RV"has always smelled like that since we bought it." We remembered that their camping cabins looked newer online and thought that may be a better option so we asked if we could switch to one of them(they are less expensive and we were fine with that). Unfortunately, since it was Labor Day weekend, they were all booked as well as every campsite. They refused to give us a refund or offer any other options. We had no idea where we would go as it was 6:00 at night and everywhere seemed to be booked for Labor Day weekend. We called a few campgrounds with no luck and ended up eating dinner in town and driving to Asheville to stay at a hotel and returning home the next day. This was so disappointing as we had spent most of the day before we left prepping food, packing, etc. I would never return or recommend this place due to how they handled our situation, with no concern at all and keeping our money with no solution offered. I can only guess that if you bring your own tent or RV, the rest of the campground is acceptable since the reviews overall are good. But definitely DO NOT rent the RV's- unless you can tolerate high levels of mold and want to pay$100 a night for a worn out, smelly RV.

Lovely organic campground

Very clean,natural, beautiful trees , and a nice location. It is run by a very nice family. We were close to amazing waterfalls and hikes in DuPont forest. Short drive to Brevard with great places to eat. The sites are staggered down the hillside and gives you a sense of privacy. The bathrooms were very clean.

Secret hideaway

Great little spot, clean area and homey environment. Breakfast on the porch in the mornings! Great little cabins as well. Quite and peaceful getaway!

I simply loved this place

This place was one of my favorite places to camp! We went at the end of Summer before school was about to start again. The temperature was so nice and warm during  the day and perfect at night. The pool was so much fun and we really enjoyed it. We also played a lot of badminton.

The owners of the campground cook a fabulous breakfast that we really enjoyed. The pancakes were delicious! The camp store was fully stocked. The location. Was really nice too. We went to DuPont S.P and enjoyed that as well.

We will be going back!

We love this campground

Wonderful campground, campground host are very helpful, they ask you about what you are looking for and help you pick out your campsite, family owned, took my girlfriend there to get engaged, we are now married and can't wait to go back. One of the owners rides a motorcycle, and is also very helpful with directions for nice rides in the mountains

Cute, homey, close to many nice hikes.

This campground is very nice. Sites are close and it does feel a little tight, but overall it is a homey feel that doesn't really feel overcrowded. Some of the amenities are spread out and you may need to drive to them, but it's worth it for the great, well-cared-for feel. Super quick drive to Dupont or Jones Gap/Caesar's Head. We loved it!

Wonderful Campground

This is a very beautiful campground. Sites are very well kept and clean. Bathrooms were very clean and nice. The staff was amazing and helpful. Prime location to so many amazing places. The pool was nice and clean! Will def. camp here again.