Valley Falls , SOUTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Valley Falls Camping Reviews
Convenient place in the woods

This campground was one of the cleanest campgrounds we've been to. It had the cleanest laundry room I've even seen at a campground and we are full timers so have been to many places. Washers seem new and large enough for a full load-$2 and dryer$1. The grounds are clean. There is a dog run area.

The customer service was very friendly and professional and a nice gentleman escorted us on a golf cart to our site. The roads are uphill and a little narrow, but nothing too difficult if you go slow. Our site was level so easy to pull up and set up smoothly. They have a fitness center, shower rooms, picnic tables and fire pit at every site.

WIFI/ AT&T: Campground wifi was excellent and quick. We work remote and usually have to hotspot our phone for video calls, but didn't have to here because it worked so well. AT&T was 1 to 2 bars at our site, but it worked just fine for calls and never had an issue, including video calls and streaming.

The pine trees help with a little privacy because you are tucked in pretty tight to one another. This is the only reason I'm not giving a 5 star.

Good sam partners. Accessible to Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, and many other mountain towns for exploring.

straight forward and solid

we stayed here 2 nights to experience Asheville.  we toy a vehcilce so driving the 15 minutes into town wasn't a big deal for us.  its affordable and they are helpful getting you into your spots.  Some of which are tight but it was private and clean.  again, we only spent 2 nights but we enjoyed it for what it was.   they have a nice pond that you can fish in as well.  we enjoyed visiting some of the amazing mt bike trails and parks in the area as well!

Changed Owners

Stayed a 4 Paws numerous times now and have always had a good time. There are options as to how you want to camp. This year I had one site with a fence all the way around and most recently my site had a small fenced in yard for the dogs to use. Ownership has changed as of Thanksgiving week, we will see what the new owners do. There is a laundry, dog wash and shower building that is well maintained and very modern. We visited several EXCELLENT hiking trails that had the views! Then there’s sampling of local cuisine and shopping. Asheville, Hendersonville and Greenville are all nearby. Or you could easily sit at the campground and just hangout at the dog parks. For Thanksgiving they served a meal and had other events. They also have other event weekends that are a lot of fun.

Small and quiet

Family Campground

One nice thing is the size and separation of the sites. One bad thing is the road is busy.

This campground is one way and exits into a trailhead parking area. There was one site that was in the parking area, would not be my first choice. Shaded sites with picnic tables and fire rings. Nice shower house , well maintained.

Easy access to several trails and not far from the falls. The river runs the back of the campground.

Dangerous Camp Site

We’re new campers. We’ve only visited state parks so far. This was our first KOA stay. This place was clean and the owners are constantly working and really nice. They showed us to our campsite and brought firewood to our site when we bought it in the store. They had a cute little general store and a play set for the littles. There is a pool for warmer weather. I only gave this campground two stars because of the location of our site. I camp with my two small children and the location of this site was simply unacceptable. Even if I was alone with my husband, I would have been terrified of this site. It was SO CLOSE to a main highway that I could reach out the back window and touch it with a broom! There were no trees or anything between our site and the road. There was no guard rail. If a car ran off the road, it would hit our camper. I didn’t sleep the whole time and wanted to leave early. Interior sites were okay. We won’t go back.

Loud drunk neighbors!

If you happen to have loud drunk neighbors, who party until 3:30 am, the hosts will not tell them to be quiet. Someone did call the sheriff, but no one came until 10 am the next morning. They woke the drunks up to tell them to be quiet, but they were allowed to stay in the park. I give it 2 stars because this is a beautiful park.

We’ll Be Back!

We finally made it to Emberglow in early November 2020. It was perfect. It didn’t feel like a parking lot with RVs and campers but had enough space in between each spot with plenty to do for kids and adults.

Stunning scenery

We camped at Table Rock State Park in SC in October 2020. It's a beautiful park, clean and well maintained. The weekend was a little crazy. The park was packed and many sites were filled to overflowing. I'm glad we were able to stay past the weekend to enjoy the peace and quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Kayak rentals are very inexpensive, but 30 - 60 minutes is all you'll need. They were a little short staffed due to Covid, so the check-in location near the campground was closed. We had to check in at the Visitor Center, which is quite inconvenient if you're towing a rig. But all in all, it was a great stay!

Clean. Safe. Easy. Good location.

For a private organized campground, this really is one of the best spots in Brevard.

Sites are all gravel. We have hammocked camped here, and this last trip, I camped in my Motorcycle trailer. Great spot to be for riding around the blue ridge mountains.

Most sites have electric and water. You will likely need to level anything you bring.

There is decent wi-fi, though it can be spotty when everyone gets on at night.

Decent 3 bar verizon coverage.

Bathhouses are super clean and the entire place has a friendly vibe. Sites are fairly close, but the trees help it feel secluded. Can be a bit noisy at night as sound carries, especially on weekends when there is more campers coming in.

Roads are tight and twisty, I had a tough time backing in my 10' utility trailer into spot 220.

No online reservation system. Not really any views. Just a nice solid campground with decent rates. About a 20 minute drive to Brevard and area attractions. But you can hit Ceasars Head Park about 5 minutes due south on 276 for some great hiking.

Sweet Mountain Biking Basecamp

As the other reviews have said, this is a great basecamp for both hiking and mountain biking for many levels. Hiking easy to difficult / extreme (Art Lobe Trail) and mountain biking from mellow on the flat trails to expert up and around Thrift Cove to Black Mountain.

Spots are well spaced out for an organized campground with plenty of trees.

The campground is primitive, but very well cared for. Bathhouses only have one shower, and there's only one per "loop" of campsites, which is about 20-30 pending on the loop. So, if it's busy you may be waiting. Other than that, we felt very Covid Safe.

We stayed in a pull through spot #43, right next to a bathhouse, and only about 50 yards from the river. Site was crazy level, and did not even need to pull out leveling blocks.

While there is a dump station with potable water you can fill up, there are no hookups at most of the sites. A few, which are usually reserved for campground hosts, have electric and sewer.

NOTE that if even if you have good solar, you are in a valley with lots of tree canopy. We got maybe 2-3 hours of light hitting our panels a day. Not enough to fully charge the batteries.

There is NO wi-fi.

We are digital nomads, so connectivity is key. While we could make phone calls on Verizon, anything data related was not happening. But all you have to do is jump in the car, drive 2 minutes towards Brevard and pull off into the day use area. 4-5 bars consistently.

Drive another mile and you have a Wal-Mart parking lot with a cell tower across the street. Plus, a fantastic MTB shop with a bar… and breweries across the street.

Davidson River is overall an epic spot to really get out and enjoy what the Pisgah National Forest has to offer. Secluded, but 5 minutes from civilization.