Pacolet , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Pacolet Camping Reviews
Happy camper

It was our first time camping as a family and now we wish we could camp every weekend!

Amazing

Friendly staff, nice view, little small places for big rigs, but I would recommend

Lots of history, hiking, & fun

Great place to camp. 2 Fishing lakes. Boat rentals. Loaner fishing rods, must have SC license.

Wonderful Park, Strenuous Hiking

Camped 9/25-9/27 in the family campground. Stayed at site 13. Super clean bathhouse which was very nice. Shower stall with doors instead of just curtains. There is a sink for dish washing in the back of the bathhouse. Dumpster is at the end of the large parking lot. The river is wonderful to listen to as you fall asleep. There is 0% service in the campground. No carriers had service so be aware.

Hiked to the top of Chestnut Knob and that was a very strenuous and beautiful hike. You will have service at the very top of the hill to call/text family and friends. You can start your hike right from the campground which is another bonus so you won’t need to drive to a trailhead.

Note: Bring firewood with you! Once the visitor center is closed there is none available and the campground has been picked clean of all available logs and sticks.

Overall I would definitely come back to camp and hike again. Beautiful state park!

Great tubing and camping.

I've been going here for years for the tubing experience. They have both primitive and rv camping. A store and many other amenities.

Great hiking and awesome views.

Lots of trails to choose from. Beautiful views. Lots of history. Visit here often.

Great Gold Mining Campground

I love this place I go here allot. Amazing views and lots to do.

Wonderful place!

This campground is wonderful! We found it out of an emergency stop and stayed for 5 nights. It is beautiful and has so much for the kids to do. To just let the kids be kids and have fun! We now know where it is and plan to come back. Love it here. My kids, ages 12, 11 and 8 didn’t want to leave! Thanks for having a great spot for my family to make some wonderful memories!

So many activities!

This was our second trip to Yogi Golden Valley but the first trip with our new camper. We had a wonderful weekend! My family rented a cabin on the creek. Golf carts are a must to get around since the campground is so big! The kids enjoyed the water park, putt putt, gem mining, fishing, crafts and tie dying shirts. There were several activities we didn’t get a chance to do this trip (kayak, laser tag and the playground). We will definitely be back! It’s within an hour drive for us and you can’t beat it!

Super quiet

Really quiet and very relaxing. We had a campsite overlooking the lake. It was very beautiful. However there are no poles for the trash so the squirrels tore our trash out and there are aweful flying bugs at night. Millions of tiny bugs covered our lights at night. We had to turn our lights off. Not the campgrounds fault though. Other than that we enjoyed our weekend here.