About Lake Greenwood State Park
Lake Greenwood State Park is located in South Carolina
4 Reviews of Lake Greenwood State Park
Great camp ground

This park has a great group camp sites. We have taken are cub scouts and Boy Scout troop here many times. The RV camp ground has too side a larger side which is newer and an older side. The older of the RV camp site is a little Tight but can 1 get a 40ft trailer in with no problem. The new side has Plenty of room for large RV. Bath houses are clean and well Maintain. Staff is great to work with. Bring your fishing rod Plenty of fishing. There is also a great swimming area and playgrounds.

Great place to stay and visit

Great place to stay and visit. Be sure to check out the nearby town of Ninety Six and the Ninety Six National Historic Site.

Tight Campsites, Beautiful Views

Lakefront sites are well worth the extra cost. Campsites are a bit tight, but the lakefront sites have great views. Drivig through can be tricky due to the multitude of cars, trucks, boat trailers parked everywhere. Drive-in movie nearby is really fun.

Ranger Review: Cotopaxi 35L Travel Duffel at Lake Greenwood State Park

Lake Greenwood State Park is a smaller state park in South Carolina. The lake is sizable, you can easily take your boat or jet skis, but at the same time the lake is suitable for canoes and kayaks as well. This weekend, we opted for the tubes as our means to relax on the lake, and we achieved that. The only issue we found was the size of the campground itself. The campsites are nearly on top of one another, but there are some beautiful spots right on the lake. Since they are so close, you can hear the neighbors at all hours, and there is hardly any privacy. One other issue was the sites themselves. Now, if you have an RV, it's no problem. But if you are into tent camping, like I am, you will have to pitch the tent on gravel or pavement. Not the easiest pitch. With that, though, it was still enjoyable and relaxing.

Gear Review – As a Dyrt Ranger, I also get to review and test products in the field. This weekend was the perfect weekend to test the Cotopaxi 35L Travel Duffel. Right out of the mail, I knew that it would be one bag that lasts for a super long time. It is extremely well made, and very versatile. The only thing I was concerned about when I opened it for the first time was the size. I didn't quite believe I could fit everything for the weekend inside. This was not the case this weekend, though. I even had enough room for the frisbee with all of my clothes, toiletries, and extra pair of shoes. Overall, it is an excellent weeken bag, in it for the long haul. Check it out here: https://www.cotopaxi.com/collections/chumpi/products/chumpi-35l-travel-duffel