The best YURTS camping near
Boothwyn , PENNSYLVANIA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Boothwyn Camping Reviews
Solo Tenter- winter trip

Great location for a tent setup, especially since I’m new to winter camping. The site facilities were near my site and I felt comfortably spaced from other sites although that can also be attributed to choosing a corner space. There were a few other campers, mostly RV, but that didn’t detract from the beauty or experience of tent camping. Only wish I could have stayed longer to fish!

Great spot for a state park!

Great fun

We first had a 2 point site near the river, but when it rains the sites get flooded with runoff from the campground.

We moved to a full hookup on the Delaware section. Open, accommodating for our rig.

Laundry is coin or app operated. Putt putt is still open and fun, so is playground. Arcade was open. There is an indoor pool and spa (spa closed due to Covid).

WiFi is available at a cost.

They had Halloween ever at every weekend of October and we spent Halloween weekend here. The kids loved it!!

It gets very full on the weekends here.

Rustic

Nice state park

Clean bathrooms and nice grounds

Always excellent

The camp sites are always well maintained, as are the bath facilities. The campsites have excellent access to hiking trails and a short drive gives you access to a lake which will rent you boats if you lack one. Multiple times every summer and we have yet to be disappointed.

Lovely!!!!

What a clean, quiet, well cared for campground!!  I saw some negative comments on another site and was very surprised.  The sites are sufficiently large.  Certainly one can see other campers but check the site map and you can certainly find sites more private than others.

VERY dog friendly.  They have an off leash dog area and swimming  area.  The trails are nice, wooded, uncrowded.   Cross the street and you can access the canal trail surrounded by protected land.  Great for walking/biking combined with canal traffic watching.  We walked the dogs along trail and saw 1 other person. Another day we drove along the dirt roads along the canal and saw 2 other vehicles the whole time.

Easy to ride into Wilmington as well as very close to the Brandywine area.

Do yourself a favor and visit Hagley Museum!

I  definitely recommend this campground!

Just a awesome place

We loved this campground. Friendly staff. Plenty for the kids to do. The river is right there to go tubing or kayaking. Playground is cool. They allow golfcarts which is a plus in my book.

Love it here!

We love to stay here anytime of year. We stay down by the river. Electric and water only, but there is a honeypot that will pump out if you stay longer. There is an area you can get in to the river to go tubing. So much fun!

Covid Sucks, Circle m doesn’t

Great campground unfortunately due to Covid most of the fun parts are closed. Overall excellent place, we will definitely be back.

Very Busy, But HUGE amount of trails!

We camped here this weekend, working on some Scouting requirements. Had a great time! The only downsides: (1) the grass was quite tall in the Organized Group Camp sites (above-ankle grass + scouts in and out of tents after the dew falls = wet feet!); (2) It was fine for us this specific time, but if more/all the Organized Group Campsite spots were being used, there would not have been anywhere near enough toilets (unless the boys just all use the woods).  Other than that, was a great time! Parking is just by the Organized Camp sites; there really are toilets, even if only one, non-flush toilet per 5 organized group sites; SO many great trails, etc. The regular campsites were FULLY filled with people too, even after Labor Day! :-)

We also took the Guided Mushroom Hike, and it was great! Around 3-4 miles in 4 hours, with a LOT of observation and collection! Photos included in my comment. Also a great treat for all was that in addition to the great Ranger leading the tour, there were also two members of the Philly Mycology Club on the hike too! So between the three of them, this was an informative group! And VERY patient with my kids who asked probably around a thousand questions.

All in all, a GREAT time!