Camping in Yoder

501 Reviews of 80 Yoder, Oregon Campgrounds

sThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 15, 2021

Amazing Campsite

There's a campground where there's bathroom and a fee to reserve your site. But everywhere else around the lake is free to camp just need to find a spot to camp. No bathroom so grab a shovel lol

SiteAround the lake
Chris
Reviewed Jun. 10, 2021

Just off of the 26

Several campsites off Kiwanis Camp Road with some next to a stream. Just a few cars passing after Sundown, but generally quite and peaceful.

• The view
J
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Just amazing

Got here Saturday and passed by quite a few cars to find a spot on the road. Little did I know I was parking next to a rushing creek and beautiful moss! Knock on wood, no rangers have passed by to ask me how long I’m staying or have been here. Exactly one hour from Portland and 2 bars of phone…

Shaun H.
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Beautiful time on the lake

Beautiful weekend on Memorial Day. Time on the lake was incredible, camping spaces are private and beautiful surrounded by rhododendrons.

SiteC07
Azizah T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 7, 2021

Peaceful family site with close hike

We stayed at site 73 which was semi private and close to the area where extra vehicles park. At this area was also access to the south falls trailhead. Which was nice for us to just walk from our campground to the falls. Heading towards the falls is a large area for picnicking and day use. The…

• south falls
  • south falls hike
Site73 & 53
jThe Dyrt PRO User

Noisier than expected

The rv campground accommodates 5 spots, which is nice, though spots are relatively close to one another. Unfortunately, between the sites and the river is a train track, with trains going by about every 20 minutes. It did not bother us too much during the night, but very noticeable during the day…

Shane J.

Best spot to camp at Mt Hood

One of the best camping experiences I’ve had at Mt Hood. Didn’t have any reservations anywhere and thought it’d be easy to grab a spot at other grounds, not the case this time of year apparently lol. We got pointed towards McNeil and Green Canyon because it’s first come first serve. Gordon (homie…

a
Reviewed Jun. 6, 2021

Easy to get to, lots of space, beautiful campsite, & creek. 10/10!

matjela
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2021

Rest stop

I'm not sure you can spend the night here. It's a rest stop with no overnight signs, idk if they mean for a certain part of the lot though and probably no one would hassle you

Beautiful campground

I loved camping here. It was a very clean campsite and the people were very nice. The campsites are pretty spread out which is nice and pretty tucked into the forests.

Beautiful campground

Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Lovely place but no lake

I stayed here for only 2 days to go fishing but we found out there was no more lake there it’s just marsh out there and you would have to walk/drive to Timothy lake to fish. So no you cannot fish here they are wrong for putting it up and this place gets infested with giant termites everywhere.

Alba M.
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

This is most beautiful place I camped this year. Enough privacy, serene, quiet... beautiful trails and creek. It is primitive campground, no restroom or showers, just one vault toilet and there is one water pump if you need to wash dishes. First week of June the weather was perfect.