Sequoyah , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Sequoyah Camping Reviews
Something for Most

Sequoyah State Park on Fort Gibson Lake offers a lot and people come from out of state to visit. There's a lodge, restaurant, golf course, paved trail, dirt trails, campgrounds, marina, and horseback riding in summer. I grew up nearby and still enjoy visiting.

Nice

Spent 3 nights, very good primitive camp ground,close to shopping, lot of tent camping

You can not camp here

You can not camp at the dam. You can camp at the Bluff down the road. If you do camp at the bluff, I would for sure visit the damn or even go for a day adventure. Getting to it is sketchy, the road turns to dirt and there are areas that people unfortunately dump trash but once you get to the dam (have to walk a little ways) it is beautiful and fun to explore the rocks, hike and for sure go fishing. Watch the rocks on the right side of the damn when the weather is nice bc snakes like to hide out in them (I think it’s cool to find them but most probably won’t) they won’t bother you. You can hike the shoreline down a ways and look for shells and cool driftwood. To get to the dam the ground is uneven and steep in some areas. There is no parking lot. Not many people go down there. Just make sure to not get stuck! There’s washed out areas but cars can make it. Last time I went we found lots of old cow bones along the river which was cool.

Good camping sites and hiking trails

I grew up in Oologah and spent many many nights camping here. The camping sites are good and close to restrooms, there is a nice sandy beach for swimming, a long rocky shoreline that is fun to explore and hunt shells, you can go fishing, boating, kayaking, visit goat island, the hiking trails are nice although I have been a couple of times and had a TON of ticks but not very often. There a lot to do!

Beautiful and peaceful

Full hookups on concrete pads. Close to swimming, fishing, nature and a 5 star restaurant. We stayed at the Choctaw campground. Will stay again.

Nice Quiet Campground

We were in site #31 with is right across from the fishing dock and close to a potable water source. The Campground is very shaded and the spot was large and easy to back in to with our 33' TT. The fishing dock was very spacious and secure for us and the grandkids we love everything about the park, except. The site did not have a dedicated water hook up. We had to buy a 75' hose to put water in our fresh tank. Not a huge deal. #2 complaint is that the site was slanted so much that we could not get level front to back. We moved a couple of times and tried all combination of stacking lumber under the tongue jack but still had to sleep with our heads at the foot end of our bed. Still not a huge deal. We'd go back and if #31 is the only site available we'll take it.

Beautiful but do your research

We stayed in the Cherokee section of the park. Campsites are clean and there’s electric and water at each. It has a beautiful view of the lake. However, the showers will cost you, so bring quarters. Plus, the ones we saw looked like they had black mold all around. Needless to say, we did not use the showers.

Breathtaking!

My wife and I had to come to Oklahoma for work in the Muskogee area, so we packed up our little camper and hit the road. Upon arrival we were absolutely blown away by the lakeside campsites, and not to mention you can camp for 14 days FREE! Only issues are that there not too many facilities near by, but perfect for primitive camping. We will definitely be returning in the future 🎄🍁🌳

Lake Keystone State Park

We stayed here for the weekend at the end of June. We tent camped at the Red Carpet campground spot #25. One of the things we really liked about this park was that the bathrooms are new and kept clean. They also have showers that are through a separate door from the toilet side. I like that the 2 sides are separated. Also, the playgrounds were all new equipment, which is great compared to lots of the other OK state parks. We could walk down to the lake and jump in the water which beats having to go to a specific swim beach. The park has a nice little store with gift shop items, firewood and snacks. There is also a marina with boat rentals and a restaurant but we didn’t visit either place on this trip. There are a couple hiking trails here. We took the Ranger trail which is a mostly gravel loop that goes through the trees and past the children’s fishing pond.

Overall a good park with new amenities and great for lake activities.

Beautiful bight at Creek Campsite

The online reservation system wasn't working but it appeared to show many vacancies. I packed up my rig and headed out from Tulsa. Upon arrival i ran into the camp host. He said to pick a site and pay at the office the next morning. I chose a nice site on the west side of the area near the water. A beautiful night on a no frills site. I will return!