The best WALK IN camping near
Highlands , NORTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Highlands Camping Reviews
Nicely wooded membership RV nest Helen, GA

You can buy into this resort and become a member which grants you 14 days each month to enjoy. It's a nice resort with two pools in the heart of the helen, Unicoi State park area. Plenty to do nearby with the German themed town of Helen very nearby. Plenty to enjoy gor all

Great membership RV in Helen, GA

This is a private membership RV resort open to Coast to Coast members. Very nice place to be your Basecamp while enjoying the best of Helen and Unicoi State park. The tow. Of Helen is a German themed town that is fun for all to enjoy and explore. Want some active fun? Go tubing down the Hooch or enjoy some great hiking in Unicoi Statw Park.

Amazing Time

Beautiful and Fun! Celebrating family in the woods instead of town! Had a wonderful family RV vacation. Our 1st ever, in a 38’ Class A. We were nervous about parking and getting set up- but they helped us get a spot that was easy to pull into. Great site managers and well appointed! Will return

Poor water pressure

Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.

Beautiful campground

We stayed here this past weekend and absolutely loved it. Our site was #40 and it was right on the lake. There is a skunk that comes up to your site at night but he doesnt bother anyone as long as you dont scare it. Very beautiful and peaceful campground. Friendly staff. Definitely going to return again.

Cute, Friendly Campground

Love this family owned campground!! The sites weren't right on top of each other, but you can definitely see your neighbors with ease. The family that owns it lives on site. They have a pancake breakfast on the weekends, which was nice. They also have a store on site that has everything you didn't know you forgot!! Bathrooms were quite a walk from our site, so we drove to it when needed. The campground is pet friendly!! Dump station on site was convenient!

Private Camping

We had no immediate neighbors at our site which was great but the bathroom closest to us was closed so we had a bit of a walk down the road to the next one. Felt really private with only a rv across the way and a few other tents through the wooded median. The tent pad was perfect and one of the rangers stopped by in the morning and gave us some great hiking suggestions!

Not my thing

So I use this app to find tent camping sites. To me, that’s kinda what a campground is. A good variety of both. This turned out to be mostly RVs and then three tents, one including mine. Needless to say, it was loud. For what it was, it was great. For what I thought it would be, it wasn’t. They have a lot of cool amenities and I will totally come back if I ever get a camper. But I wouldn’t just tent camp there again I don’t think.

Mountain Serenity

Unique campground with basic amenities. Close access to trails and there are multiple waterfalls on the property. The campsites are on the close side but the environment is top notch.