Sea Isle City , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Sea Isle City Camping Reviews
Nice state park

Clean bathrooms and nice grounds

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Great campground

Tent Camping

We went camping at Killens pond for the first time a few weeks ago.  We camped in the G loop. Lots of woods for the kids to play in. Easy walk to the shower/bath house. The camp host was super nice and made sure that we had everything we needed.  Great place to take your family for an outdoor adventure. Hiking,  fishing, biking. They also have kayaking and peddle boats. We will definitely be back!

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

Bikes Beach Boats

There is so much to do near this campground. The bike trails are wonderful and we like to bring kayaks to the bay side. Also, the beach! Not exactly cheap but it really is a great spot. My one complaint is that you definitely have to book very far in advance especially for a summer weekend!

Spacious Sites Near the Beach

Camping in Henlopen State Park was a great idea! My group was there, on two adjacent sites, from Sunday to Tuesday, in early June. The weather could not have been more ideal! We were on sites G12 and G13, which were both really large. Here's the rundown:

Pros:

• Clean, accessible bathhouses
  • Really large tent sites
  • So close to the beach and nearby Rehoboth and Lewes (great dining and shopping)
  • Easy-burning firewood
  • Access to a camp store
  • A pretty quiet campground altogether
  • Campground fee includes beach access so you don't have to pay again

Cons:

• It's busy! Be prepared to wait to get into the park for 15-45 mins due to traffic backups at the entrance gate
  • The walk to the beach is a LONG one

Neutral Thoughts:

• The campsite as a whole is a very busy one--there's a lot going on from bike riding to frisbee throwing
Love this place. We have been coming here for 3 years now and will continue to book every year

Fills up fast so you have to book well in advance. Paved trails to the beach, the bay, nature center and bike trails. Clean sites and bath houses. Nice friendly staff. Nice camp store

Plan early, one of the best places to camp near the beach!

Cape Henlopen camp sites fill up so quickly, and for good reason! After missing out on reservations year after year, this year, we booked a weekend tent site for July back in January and immediately realized the spark of this place. The campground is large with various loops full of RV, popup, and tent sites. There is also a section of walk-in tent sites, each with 1 parking spot semi close by. (Bring a wagon if you stay at one of these). We stayed in site T021 (walk-in site) and had plenty of privacy and space to set up our screen room, tent, and firepit. All camp sites come with the standard picnic table, as well as fire pit and grill grate. There is a camp store in the center of the campground where you can purchase firewood, coffee, batteries, ice or other camping needs.  There are several bath houses strategically placed throughout the campground so that you can easily find one a few minute walk away no matter where you stay. Bath houses were clean, updated, well maintained and air conditioned. There are both public showers that are stall-like within some of the bath houses, as well as large private shower + bathroom stalls (perfect if you have young kids). I didn't find the bugs to be any worse than typical summer camping spots (I heard they maybe spray for bugs on the sites?) but definitely bring your spray and citronella candles. It also POURED from a small tropical storm the morning we arrived yet our site and the full campground was well and dry by the time we set up in the afternoon  - looked like most of the sites were set up on hills, which is great to avoid pooling in inclement weather.  Pets are allowed and there are water spigots near every site. Although our site (T021) was spacious and private, my brother's family was staying on T011 and there were about 4-5 sites all in an open space back to back with one another near his. The neighbors were friendly so no complaints but the lack of privacy there is worth nothing in case you wanted to feel more 'remote'. The sites are mostly tree lined and semi shaded by pines. The campground gets extremely dark at night and the stars are so beautiful from the lack of light pollution! The campground is in a large state park, full of many bike trails, hiking spots, historical WWII sites, fishing pier, and of course the beach. There is a separate entrance for campers so make sure to follow that when you drive in. The beach *is* walkable (maybe a mile away) but much easier /quicker to drive, and there is plenty of parking by the beach. The beach can get crowded but is clean and has lifeguards.  The best part is on a quiet night, if you listen really closely, you can hear the waves crashing in the distance. Due to the nature vibe, proximity to beach, and modern  bathhouses, I think this campground has become our new favorite one!