About Delaware Seashore State Park
Delaware Seashore State Park is located in Delaware
18 Reviews of Delaware Seashore State Park
Not for the tent folk

The campsite is right next to a loud highway and you cannot hear the waves that are so close by. There are no trees and no privacy between sites. This campground is clearly made for the RV fishermen, not for tent folk.

Great for passing through!

Stayed here on a road trip with some friends passing through from Atlantic City. Unfortunately when we stayed we werent allowed to have a fire. But luckily, its in a great location, near Ocean City, MD and Rehoboth Beach, so there was plenty to see and do. Nice little beach too!

Love this place, book two visits a year.

There are two areas of camping at the Delaware Seashore State Park. The north and south side which is divided by the Indian River Inlet. The south side has the guarded beach, concessions and a new restaurant called "The Big Chill Beach Club". The north side camping area has a marina, restaurant called "Hammerheads Dockside". The beach is unguarded and also allow your pups with you on the beach. My camping experience is from the North side only, we have never camped on the south side. The sites are level, spacious. 30 and 50 amp. Bathhouses are always clean. camp hosts and staff that we have encountered have always been profession and kind. Highly recommend however, if you plan on a "in season" visit you will need to make reservations far in advance.

Worth it!

After reading the reviews about the water that can accumulate in the campground I was worried. Rain was scheduled for the morning so we were prepared to shift to sleeping in the car. I am so glad we came! Yes, it rained and yes, this campground gets wet, but it did drain as the afternoon wore on. The attendant also let us move to a recently vacated site that was less wet. The space was large enough for my car, our tent, a canopy and more. It was level. The bathrooms were clean and there were good showers with great water pressure. If you stay on the south side you have great views of the inlet and the bay and are a short walk to a really nice little beach that also has a shockingly good beach bar and restaurant. We drove about 15 minutes to another part of the state park on the bay to paddleboard and our campground pass was also a state park parking permit. Night time in August was bearable due to the lovely breezes.

We're already booked for next year!

First, let me start by saying this campground is not what I usually like. I like trees, mountains, shade… this is a beach, plain and simple. That being said- we absolutely loved it and are already booked for next year! It was easy to find. Sites were very well marked. Friendly staff. Beautiful views. Ocean was a short 5 minute walk from our campsite- along with a playground and delicious restaurant (that even served vegan food!)! I didn't use the bathroom/bathhouse, but my husband said they were clean, well maintained and had excellent water pressure. Sites were a bit tight; I believe online it says they're 45x30 but I find that hard to believe. Our trailer is almost 38 feet and we only had a little room left over. Sites were level and paved along with some sand and grass. Also a picnic table- no fire rings at the sites, but there were a couple campfire areas scattered around the park. We spent most of our time at the beach anyway so the small site really didn't matter much. The campground is split into two sides of the river. The larger one that we stayed at had a life guarded beach. The beach on the other side had no lifeguard, but dogs were allowed on that beach and the water seemed a bit calmer and clearer over there. We stayed for 5 nights and every night was quiet except Friday- that's when our neighbors decided to get drunk and sing karaoke until 2am. People please, if alcohol tells you that you sound like Stevie Knicks, don't believe it. You don't. And no one wants to be woken up by your screeching. We complained the next morning (and from what I understand, several other people did too) and that night they came and spoke to them about quiet hours and we had no more problems after that. It's right next to a bridge- which is beautiful at night- but we didn't hear the traffic as much as I expected. Tent sites were closer to the bridge, though, so I'm not sure how noisy they were… Overall, it was a great location (only about 15 minutes from the Rehobeth Beach boardwalk) with excellent amenities. Highly recommended!

Groups

Beautiful park right across fron the beach. Took a group of 20 tent camping here and it went great! Have done it for multiple years now and every time it is a great experience. However, it does flood in the rain. Also this beach is not to packed and has great sunrises!

Close walk to the beach

Our first time here this summer and we fell in love with how close of a walk it is to the beach. Very clean site, and bathhouse facilities. Some sites may have a lot of rocks if your tent camping so come prepared for that under a tent. Luckily our site the first night did not have any rocks under it, it was grassy. It does get a little noisy at night because of the bridge, but it is beautiful when lit up at night. Kids loved the playground. There is no boardwalk, but Rehoboth is close as well as ocean city. Kind check in staff.

Perfect?....not for tent camping!

This campground is situated tightly between route 1 and the bay but very low laying ground. This campground is perfect, but only with PERFECT weather. One medium rain/thunder storm will turn the tent camping area into a water covered mess! We were in 'spot 45' avoid this area if there's even the slightest chance of rain!

The amenities are great however, free hot showers, close to beach and bay and very friendly volunteer staff.

Will not go tent camping here again and cannot recommend this camp ground for tenters!

Like staying in a parking lot

We arrived after normal check in hours and found that the campers on either side of our spot had encroached and so we had to set up camp in a different site. There is no clear marking as to where one site ends and another begins. There is just enough room for a car and a tent. They do provide a picnic table but no fire ring except a larger communal fire ring, not really for cooking. The campground is right off DE-1 and so it is not quiet at all in a tent, not even during thr night. There were showers and bathrooms on site but I imagine not enough at peak use times from people coming back from the beach. The attendant was not there by 9:30 am and by this time one of the campers that encroached on our spot had left, making me wonder olif they were legitimately there or if they just snuck in and the campground isn't watched closely enough to know. The campground was a short walk to the beach and the only good thing I have to say, not enough to keep me there more than one night though.

Great State park campground with beach access, fishing, and great views.

There are two sides to this campground, North of the Indian River Inlet and South. The North side is newer, smaller, and generally less crowded. Sites are also larger on the North Side. The park is well maintained, with water and sewer hookups. Clean, well maintained bath houses. Loads of activities and programs for adults and children, from free to a reasonable fee. There's walkover beach access on both sides, with restroom facilities available. You're not going to get any closer to the beach without actually camping on it. There is a small camp store on the South side, and a bait and tackle shop in the marina on the North. Nice playground facilities for kids on both sides. We love it here, and camp there a lot since we're local. There are nice lighted bike / walking paths over the bridge to get from one side to the other that offer great views. There's a wonderful nature trail at the back side of the marina called Burton's Island Nature Trail. Pets are welcome.

The drawbacks are these. There are no fire rings on campsites. Sites are not wooded, there is zero shade and it gets HOT in the high summer. Lots of fishing here. There will be fishermen on the beach, and also along the inlet wall at all hours. It gets windy here, especially during any sort of weather event. Sturdy tents can survive. We've seen people lose awnings and EZ-ups galore if they're not mindful of wind and weather. All in all, it's the most affordable way to vacation at the beach, and can be awesome if you're well prepared, but miserable if you're not.