The best BOAT IN camping near

Most Recent Erma Camping Reviews
Campground review

Great campground

Members Only

I spent quite a few years visiting this campground, however, it is a member-only property, wherein you must rent or own a lot within the grounds. Nonetheless, the community is tight-knit and offers a ton of opportunity for entertainment to include a pavilion, playground, marina, and boat slips. For boaters it is the quickest way to get to the Angola Bay for fishing, swimming, and more.

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!

Walking distance to the beach!!!

This campground is split into 2 sides . The south side offers tent camping , and the north side offers RV camping . We pitched tents on the south side but also drove to the north side to park and check out the beach view . As long as you have your parking pass for the campground you can park on either sides and explore or fish . The plus side to this place is the beach is very close and in walking distance . We found tons of pretty sea shells . The downside is there are no trees around any of the camping sites , so you have no shade what so ever ! There are no fire pits at any of the campsites so you can’t have fires at your site . We were a bit disappointed about that . There is a community campsite as you enter the campground that anyone is free to use . The sites are close together and exposed . The bridge over the inlet lights up pretty colors at night and is very beautiful! It’s fairly close to stores . We had to drive about 15 minutes to the closest grocery store . I did forget to mention you are right next to the highway so it can be a bit noisy at night . It’s definitely worth it to check this place out !

So much to do at this park

We were only able to stay one night here, but I guarantee we’ll be back to enjoy all this place has to offer. There are multiple trails (red is the longest), a disc golf course, and of course, the pond for water activities. Our campsite was quite spacious even with two cars in the lot.

On the Waterfront

The campground was VERY clean, peaceful, and had offerings for just about any type of camping. The dogs enjoyed walking the park, but there is not much room for them to play here. Campsites are well maintained and you can’t beat the 3 minute walk to the ocean.

Tent Camping

We went camping at Killens pond for the first time a few weeks ago.  We camped in the G loop. Lots of woods for the kids to play in. Easy walk to the shower/bath house. The camp host was super nice and made sure that we had everything we needed.  Great place to take your family for an outdoor adventure. Hiking,  fishing, biking. They also have kayaking and peddle boats. We will definitely be back!

Great Campground

This has been one of my favorite camp grounds this summer. Loved the hiking trail (Bob Trail). It can also be used for biking. Our dogs loved the hike. Since it’s just about all in the shade it wasn’t bad for them. We also rented a kayak; awesome activity to do around the lake. Loved the spaces in between each campsite. Plenty of privacy. Restrooms were kept clean.

Love this place

What a great visit are having. Beautiful location with lots of space for everyone. Great beach and tiki bar. Pools for the family and very pet friendly. We stayed in the ‘big rig’ site within Club Castaway right on the water as we have a 40ft rig. Amenities are clean, staff friendly and helpful. Our dog, Daisy, loved the beach and the dog park and socialization w her pooch friends. Will be back.