Cape May , NEW JERSEY

Most Recent Cape May Camping Reviews
Great resort

Everything was great about our experience here. From the staff to the amenities.

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Great time

Great time spent 2 days. Rode our bikes and went to local winery. Cleanest bathrooms

Bring bug spray!

Great park, awesome amenities. Would definitely go back. Price is not cheap but the amenities make it worth it. Can’t wait until the zip lining courses are back open. Stupid COVID!

Bugs were crazy bad in the dog park and the moisture rich tent areas. Bring bug spray or a flame thrower.

Will not be returning

Positive notes: Bathrooms are really nice and has a dish cleaning station.

Nice water front

Unfortunately, we booked the same week Tropical storm Isaias blew up the coast. We had to move our camper to escape the storm surge but were able to get right back the same day as the surge moved out quickly. We will definitely be back again next year. Good camp store, lots to do for the kids here, then the Assateague Island and Ocean City are a short drive. If you decide to rent a golf cart (needed) book it at the same time that you reserve your camp spot. Very hard to get one other wise.

Bikes Beach Boats

There is so much to do near this campground. The bike trails are wonderful and we like to bring kayaks to the bay side. Also, the beach! Not exactly cheap but it really is a great spot. My one complaint is that you definitely have to book very far in advance especially for a summer weekend!

Spacious Sites Near the Beach

Camping in Henlopen State Park was a great idea! My group was there, on two adjacent sites, from Sunday to Tuesday, in early June. The weather could not have been more ideal! We were on sites G12 and G13, which were both really large. Here's the rundown:

Pros:

• Clean, accessible bathhouses
  • Really large tent sites
  • So close to the beach and nearby Rehoboth and Lewes (great dining and shopping)
  • Easy-burning firewood
  • Access to a camp store
  • A pretty quiet campground altogether
  • Campground fee includes beach access so you don't have to pay again

Cons:

• It's busy! Be prepared to wait to get into the park for 15-45 mins due to traffic backups at the entrance gate
  • The walk to the beach is a LONG one

Neutral Thoughts:

• The campsite as a whole is a very busy one--there's a lot going on from bike riding to frisbee throwing
Love this place. We have been coming here for 3 years now and will continue to book every year

Fills up fast so you have to book well in advance. Paved trails to the beach, the bay, nature center and bike trails. Clean sites and bath houses. Nice friendly staff. Nice camp store

Great place

The entire family had fun. Kids were super happy abouts all the activities this campground has to offer. Staff is great as well.