The best BOAT IN camping near
Holliday , MISSOURI

Most Recent Holliday Camping Reviews
Safe and Secluded

We camped during Covid so the swimming beach and playgrounds were closed but everything else was great! Nice big lots, everyone has full shade. Each loop has a big bathroom with massive showers. One of our showers even had a handheld nozzle! And each loop has their own dumpster.

This campground is out in the boonies so you'll want to stock up before you pull in. Here's a rundown:

25 min from Walgreens

45 min from Walmart

40 min from laundromat

2 hours from Target and CVS

The trails are wide and there are multiple water access points to get to the shoreline This is a reserve only now so be sure to pick your spot before you show up. I haven't seen an attendant though I did see a couple kids cleaning the bathrooms. There is a paid wifi option that's$20/week but I just used Sprint roaming as a hotspot for my laptop and it was perfect. So try the free route first. The photos for each spot are accurate on recreation.gov=)

Great Spot!

This campground is well kept and offers both standard-electric and full hook up. The hosts are friendly and helpful. Bathrooms and shower house are cleaned regularly.

Doe Run At Ray Behrens

I absolutely love this core campground. Amazing level concrete campsites! Majority of them are full hookups with paved roads throw out Everyone is friendly and fun! We have always stayed at the little Blue Stem side, but just had to do a review on this side. Absolutely loved it. Great clean shower house. Close by places to Kayak, swim, fish and play. Fish cleaning stations which I had never seen beforeThe best of camping.

Adorable small campground along the Missouri River

Pulled into this cozy campground (probably no more than 50 sites) and had a great set up right on the river. We called around 8PM to inquire and then arrived around midnight and paid online. They had a cute stage for what looked like live music and a little tug boat sits in their boat ramp. Loved it here! We did hear there were showers but didn’t use them as we were in a rush to get on the road in the AM!

Cool little camp spot

We stayed here one night. We had a concrete pad for our RV which was nice and a decent amount of room to roam.

Whetstone

Huge area to explore, alot of little ponds but no distict trails. Alot of hunters that took over the camping spots. Toilets everywhere in parking areas which was nice. Alot of the roads were closed off to service.

Great place!!

We camped at campsite 82 in Little Blue Stem. From Wednesday night through Sunday and the weather was fabulous.  Nice clean area. Nice campsite.

Large campground area

I felt like we were in the deep woods. Not much grassy areas. Electric sites only. I felt there were not enough Shower houses or toilets for amount of camping spaces. Now for the great things about this camping are. Camping spots divided into three areas. Puma, Coyote and Badger. The Badger area was closed. I found the site 98 in the Puma area quite nice with a little more grassy area. The shower hose was very nice and clean. There were a few sites with semi view of the water. I recommend 77 and 82. Wonderful boat ramp off the beach. Great for kayaks. Nice fishing area. All in all a pretty good camp.

For $13 a night it works

Entrance to the park is not far off the road, but its 2 miles into the campground as you pass the swimming hole and rentals. We stayed 2 nights on a basic (no hook-ups) unlevel site with our 40' ft diesel. Now I say unlevel, if you dont have leveling Jack's and some boards you might be tipsy. We were able to get level, but to be fair for this review who may not have jacks, come prepared. We had 3 sites all were very unlevel. Our sites were private, primitive, and beautiful. We enjoyed our stay. The camp host was friendly and even delivered wood. Unfortunately the wood was went. Not his fault. If you have any atv, dirt bikes, this is the place to come. Trails all over. We were not bothered by anyone or the sounds, of course you could hear them but at dusk everyone had to be off the trails. Would return to this state park, maybe next time with an ATV.

Dirt Bike Four Wheel Haven

Well what can I say. I had high hopes for this one. Only offers basic and electric sites in small camping are. One shower house that was ok. Very loud and not a family place to camp. Great dirt bike trails and sever lakes. You can kayak and fish. I wouldn’t recommend swimming even at the designated beach. Had one lake with kayak/canoe rentals. Could be fun for day use. Would be great for riding! All in all not a place I would camp.