About Finger Lakes State Park
Finger Lakes State Park is located in Missouri
12 Reviews of Finger Lakes State Park
Clean campground

We enjoyed camping here. If you have dirt bikes or 4 wheelers, bring them! We didn’t bring ours here this last time we camped and we still had fun! They have a pump track that our four boys loved! Lots of ramps, hills, and a teeter totter to ride across. The campsites are nice and some of them are really close together. So if you want more privacy and don’t want to be close to your neighbors make sure you pick one that is more spacious. Our boys are already talking about coming back here again :)

Always a good time

This is one of my favorite places to fish and picnic that is close to home. It is quiet and always clean. The camp sites are well kept and the shower/bathroom facilities are always clean. Worst part is that many of the dirt bike/ATV guys riding the trails out there are obnoxious with their bikes.

Nice little state park close to civilization

A rainy weekend didn't deter campers from spending the holiday weekend here at Finger Lakes State Park. I was lucky enough to get a site for a single night when rain was in the forecast. The campground is laid out in a series of small loops, with some loops in open grassy areas and others tucked into the trees. I had my pick between a site in either situation and so I picked the trees to get some shade. Sites are fairly close together, so you will get to know your neighbors. There is one nice and modern bathhouse with showers on one side and bathrooms on the other. It was very clean and well maintained, and they are in the process of putting in an additional concrete walkway. Over in the grassy loop there was an additional basic bathroom.

There is lots to do in this park if you are into canoeing/kayaking or ORVing as there are several marked trails for both. If you are a hiker, welllllll, not as much available here. There is a nice mountain biking and hiking trail, but you can still hear all of the ORV's running the many trails specific to ORVing. There is also a Motocross track with nice stands if you like to watch. Canoes and kayaks are available for rent (stop by and see the rangers near the entrance) and there are a couple of marked trails to take you from lake to lake.

It’s a campground sorta

More like a parking lot in the middle of an atv/gun range park.

Lakes are awesome water accessible in multiple areas. Campsites are close and used primarily by off road enthusiast. Loud and constant coming and going. Groups get wild at night.

Great for kayaking and fishing.

Decent family campground

The camp grounds are not overly private and are not in the best of shape (ground is really uneven). Though the camp area itself is nothing to write home about, there is a lake about a mile or so that is great for fishing and kayaking as well as a swimming beach. There are also numerous lakes you can fish or kayak in around the park. You also must bring your own firewood!

Lots to do

Everything from fishing, shooting, and bicycling, but not a huge fan of the area to camp— it is just a giant concrete pad.

My favorite place to be!

I grew up camping and swimming here! The beach usually is not crowded, which is really nice. I'm not a fan of the motorcross noise, but there is a noise curfew so it's tolerable. I have yet to float on the lake but I've heard that's really nice!

strip mine heaven

once an old strip mining quarry, finger lakes is full of activities. kayaking, canoeing, motocross, swimming, picnic, campground, fishing. just across the gravel road is a shooting range and more strip nines

Serene paddling

This park is one of my favorite nearby spots to take the kayak out and just float. Paddling through these channels is such a dreamy experience. Kayaks and canoes are available to rent as well. I have yet to camp out here but I'd love to crawl out of my tent and spend dawn out on these waters.

Not the best

I think that if I was into motocross/atv this would be a wonderful place to camp! But I had mostly come for the lake/swimming/camping and it was pretty loud and the lake was unswimable even at the beach access.