The best DRIVE IN camping near
Gladstone , MISSOURI

Most Recent Gladstone Camping Reviews
Nothing shy of memory

The caretakers here are the sweetest people. Taking my 2 and 6 year old on their first camping experience we chose this place and they told us as we checked in that they wanted their 1st camping trip to be awesome…loaded us up with some complimentary firewood…let us pick out our tent plot, and directed us toward the bathrooms and drinking water….and that's where the good part of the review ends. We had to change plots 2 times bc as we unloaded our gear and attempted to set up camp we were welcomed and not left unpested by snakes of all sizes and large insects…it was dark when we managed to lay my already sleeping children down in the tent…the night air was clouded with mosquitoes but the moon was full and the stars were amazing. Coyotes could be heard in the distance…we thought…until around 3 am when we were startled awake by what appeared to be large dogs without leash, collar, or owner licking our tent. Circling our tent….The morning daylight couldn't come fast enough…The bathrooms were dirty and infested with various insects and covered in cobwebs…a short walk to the waters edge sent us home w 2 children covered in chigger and mosquito bites …extremely disappointing.

Beautiful state park

Perry State Park is well maintained and manicured park. The primitive sites and RV sites are extremely close (especially the RV sites) other than that they have dedicated hammock sites!

Rude Ranger at Gate and dump station disgusting

The campsite was okay. It was a busy weekend and we were not in a preferred spot, but it was wooded. The ranger at the gate was horrid. He was rude, yelled at each person coming through. He was especially annoyed at me for wearing a mask. He wasn’t and was within 3 feet. Lawrence is a college town with high rates of covid across the campus. He is talking one on one with these kids several times a day! He seriously grabbed my phone out of my hand when I asked him not to. The dump station has pooling sewer water and the water was not working. The park lacks maintenance, and it could be cut backs due to covid. Clinton lake it nice, but beware if heading out for camping.

This is a very nice area to camp. Quiet. The shower/ bath houses are clean. I had a great time kayaking the coves to this gorgeous lake.

Trains all night

This is a lovely campsite but we’ll sadly never stay here again - because trains passed by really loudly all night long - it finally stopped at about 5am. 🤬 We stayed on a Friday night

Awesome

Loved our weekend here at this campsite. Like another review said, there are no check in/check out process- check in times are late 5PM and check out is 6PM. Our site was spacious and not too close to our neighbors. It had a few trees perfect for our hammocks and provided ample shade. The firepit had an attached grill but it was too dirty for us to use. There was also a large hook to hang lanterns/garbage. You can find little playgrounds through the campsite. We did see A few rangers patrolling in the late evening.

The bathrooms were a short walk away and were not the cleanest I’ve seen but clean. Shower pressure varies with each stall and does have hot water. There is no hand soap in the restrooms but hand-dryers. dumpsters are a close walk by.

We drove to the loading dock to catch a sweet sunrise - also stopped by the beach but it was too dirty for our liking us to swim.

It was mostly family RV camping, but a quiet weekend overall. The only complaint I have is that there are lots of bugs/spiders. Overall, i would definitely come back again and hopefully snag a site by the waters.

NO TENTS

its not tent friendly owner was a total a hole towards this bikepacker "this is a rv park im not loosing my license over a tent"

Great spot for fishing overnight

The road in is paved but extremely curvy. There is a great spot for a tent or truck camping.

Great Camping

Stayed here for three nights. All spots have plenty of shade when we walked around. Shower house and bathrooms were clean and nice. Lots of things to do such as boating, kayaking, paddle boarding, fishing and swimming. Fire pits were even nice with an attached grill grate.

Great for an overnight stop!

My husband and I pulled into this campground around 7 pm and didn’t have a reservation. The instructions at the self pay were confusing, as the directions made it sound like you needed a reservation but when we talked to the campground host she said we could just pay at the permit office in the morning. We stayed in Campground 1 in one of the primitive sites. There were many sites to choose from even through there were quite a few campers here during the middle of the week. It was a bit of a hike to the water but the bathrooms were clean and had single room toilets with showers. Beautiful area with lots of wildlife!