the dyrt
This recreation area is part of Clinton Lake
Drive In, Boat In
Kdwp Clinton State Park is located in Kansas
11 Reviews of Kdwp Clinton State Park
Lots of primative and camper sites. Big Field for playing.

It's good for kids because it has a field and a playground. Some primitive sites do NOT have a fire pit. Bathrooms are bug filled. Even the showers that close all the way. Some campers look like they live there.

Great place to camp, off season!

We love this campsite, especially in the off months! We always get a great private campsite, but I can see where in more popular months, it can get crowded! Bathrooms are clean, dog friendly! Hiking trails are great too!

Been a Couple of Years

Had a large family gathering here. crowded but clean and fun.

WOW!

I stayed at the free site a ways from the lake called Woodbridge public use area and the hiking trail that connected this spot to the lake was killer as well as the campground was beautiful I camped in the rain for 2 of the 3 nights I stayed here and it was still a very very enjoyable experience and it FREE!!

subpar

If you enjoy no privacy and camping on top of your neighbor, look no further! If you the your dogs like we do, expect to keep them tied up on a short line and for the park rangers to come check every few hours. For a place with issues of bodies in the lake and homeless squatters, strange for rangers top consistently come into other campsites to check on illegal activity. We tried to go swimming once and was met with piles of dead fish on the swimming beach. Plus side, it's close and bathrooms are clean.

Easy car camping

Lots of spots to choose from. Can be packed, especially on holiday weekends. I usually come here with larger groups of people or to test out new gear since it's the closest to my house. Campground 1 is definitely the best area. Lots of easily accessible trails, but water views are non existent and water access is not close.

Not very rural

Not bad, but Clinton is just not very rural place in general. No much of a view in this spot eather

Could be better

Clinton is somewhat close to us, so that is its big pull for us. The biggest pull for me is stopping in Lawrence on the way home. Lawrence is a college town with great restaurants and shops. Clinton had great views, questionable bathrooms, however. Depending on when you go, you may get rowdy college kids nearby. We always find ourselves going back for the convenience.

Just not very scenic

The potential is there as the lake is a pretty lake. The problem is that most if not all of the campgrounds are so fare removed from a view of the lake, you might as well be in a random pasture.

The campgrounds are clean, safe and well maintained. Just not very pretty.

Especially nice state park with more activities

Rolling hills and lots of green with many of trails and recreational facilities including more unusual things like archery. Lake is surprisingly big, good wildlife and birding. Popular place for bike and road races, that’s what brought us here. Camp sites have pretty trees but most sites aren’t so shady. Also has cabins.