Greensboro , MARYLAND

Most Recent Greensboro Camping Reviews
Beautiful park

Loved strolling around the park. LOTS of locals. Sites somewhat tight to get in, once in it felt spacious. Trees and good shade. Bath house was ok. Hosts were great!

Peaceful, historicd

The tent site was big with lots of choice locations for your tent. There is a lot of privacy between the tent sites because of the trees.

The bathrooms were clean and modern. The camp store had lots of little items that I needed. And there was a Little Library.

The hikes in the campground are beautiful. The historic aspect of the Cape amazed me. It was a site for WWII soldiers to watch for enemy invaders. The towers are still there.

The ocean is beautiful but a bit of a walk from the tent campsites.

Campground review

Great campground

Solid family and friends campsites

The individual campsites are decent for a light camping experience. The hiking trails are great. The rivers for kayaking a real nice. Would recommend. Only warning is unless you rent 2-3 campsites you will be close to other campers as the campsites are in groups of three right next to eachother.

A Delaware must-see

I am a Delawarean at heart, and number one on my list of favorite Delaware parks is Trap Pond. The tent and RV sites are clean, but not so much that it feels unnatural. The cypress trees are truly a sight to behold, and the pond itself is breathtaking to paddle through. The staff are incredibly kind, lighthearted, and cheery. Make no mistake—you absolutely should come visit this amazing state park!

So much to do at this park

We were only able to stay one night here, but I guarantee we’ll be back to enjoy all this place has to offer. There are multiple trails (red is the longest), a disc golf course, and of course, the pond for water activities. Our campsite was quite spacious even with two cars in the lot.

Somewhat quiet, clean and friendly

Staff is very friendly. Bathhouse is clean but ran out of toilet paper often; they supposedly clean 3 times a day since COVID but we didn’t see that happening on a regular schedule while we were there.

We loved that our site had a path directly to the bathhouse. This meant there wasn’t any foot traffic from people wanting to shower or use the restrooms. Easy access to the utility sink for dishes, too!

There seemed to be a lot of campers in the surrounding lots and still, everyone was quiet between the quiet hours.

Our specific site was supposed to have a tent pad but there wasnt a spot cleared for our tent and we had to move the heavy picnic table so we weren’t putting up our tent on top of the fire ring. We also had to use a paper plate to rake as many rocks and gravel from the site so we could put up our tent without ripping it.

We bought their firewood for $5/crate and it was really wet. It was challenging to get a fire going, which was frustrating. Ended up not being able to have a fire the last morning there and gave away our leftover firewood.

Probably my biggest complaint is that several times, the park maintenance truck drove down the loop where we camped. Our kids are running around and playing and the only vehicle that sped past every time was the park crew vehicle. All other vehicles (belonging to visitors) were respectful and drove slowly. It surprises me that with families camping here, they wouldn’t be more cautious.

All in all: for our first time camping here, it was a decent experience. I don’t know that we’d go there again, but it was a fun one-and-done trip.

Tent Camping

We went camping at Killens pond for the first time a few weeks ago.  We camped in the G loop. Lots of woods for the kids to play in. Easy walk to the shower/bath house. The camp host was super nice and made sure that we had everything we needed.  Great place to take your family for an outdoor adventure. Hiking,  fishing, biking. They also have kayaking and peddle boats. We will definitely be back!

Great Campground

This has been one of my favorite camp grounds this summer. Loved the hiking trail (Bob Trail). It can also be used for biking. Our dogs loved the hike. Since it’s just about all in the shade it wasn’t bad for them. We also rented a kayak; awesome activity to do around the lake. Loved the spaces in between each campsite. Plenty of privacy. Restrooms were kept clean.