The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Sycamore , KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Sycamore Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Sycamore Camping Reviews
This was a very nice, clean, family friendly campground!

We loved the campground!  The facilities were very nice and clean.  The park was clean and very spacious.  We had lots of room in our space and we were not on top of our neighbors!!  Our dogs loved the park.  We will be back to stay again.

All around amazing!

If you love water and nature this is the place for you! Beautiful river front campground that is peaceful. There is a boat ramp (perfect for my kayak), docks to go fishing off of, lots of nature and trails. I just brought my RV here for an extended stay and the staff made every effort to make sure my stay would be enjoyable! They even came out and helped me hook everything up (I’m a newbie to RV camping). They have new owners and the staff is very welcoming and treat you like family and friends. I highly recommend this place and so thankful I found this little gem!

This will be VERY different experience for you and your family! Promise!

I have GREAT news for you! You will find a much different experience with the new Management! AND new hiking and biking trails being put in this month! We are excited to be part of this beautiful property. Come have some fun with us! CumminsFerry.com

Good news! Under New Management! Come. let's have some fun!

Good news! Under New Management- come have some fun with us and sit by the waterfall and river! CumminsFerry.com

Loved it

Really enjoyed this park. Beautiful lake views. Staggered sites so everyone has space and views. The walk around the lake is lovely. No WiFi but they said the are having it installed. T-Mobile had good service.

Our Very First Night In A RV

This place could do no wrong (we all remember our first time, right?). The staff were very kind and helpful. Propane filling is not intuitive. Very pretty campground.

Small, wooded site

Very small campground and narrow roads. Many sites were not level and some sites were very short so make sure you review the site description.

Also some had sewer hook ups and others did not.

You did feel like you were in the woods so that was a plus.

Walmart and McDonalds were half a mile away.

Nice State Park Campground

We booked a last minute non-electric site for the night in out TT.  We have family in the area so that was the primary purpose of this trip but we have visited Clifty several times and stayed at the hotel once.  There is a really nice outdoor pool (extra fee) but the highlight is all the hiking in the park.  Lots of waterfalls, caves and even though you are basically in town it feels miles away.  This trip we were there at about peak fall colors and it was amazing.  We will be back again (probably yearly) and will stay here.

PROS: Awesome state park for hiking, exploring and an outdoor pool.  Most sites are pretty spread out for a state park.  Facilities and camp sites are clean; indoor restroom with warm showers.  On site hotel has gift shop and restaurant.  Close to historic Madison and the Ohio River offering many things to do.  Couple playgrounds for kids and a nature center with educational programs.  They sell firewood at the campground check in kiosk.  One vehicle per site but there is an overflow are at the campground entrance.  Laundry facility is also at the campground.

CONS: Some spots are on top of each other, mostly in non-electric area and as most IN State Parks, no water hook-up, you have to fill your tank.

Ideal spots would be electric loop - 31-36 (a side loop, no thru trafic) or 14-28/93-104 (back of the loop, more in shade, less traffic).

Beautiful lake and well maintained park.

We stayed a few nights at this campground in October.  The campground is made for smaller sizes but we were able to negotiate the main ring road with our 37' travel trailer.  The spot that we had reserved was in an area were we could not get into but we went to the gatehouse and they gave us another spot that was on the main ring road that we were able to park in with no issues.  Cell service was great with Verizon and AT&T service.  The lake was beautiful and the park was well maintained.  Wished the beach, paddle boats, and petting zoo was open…  Still had a great time.  We will surely come back next year when everything is open!!  Had 30 and 50 amp service with water hookups and a dump station at the exit.  Make sure you have plenty of leveling blocks.  We used all of ours and was not level.

Good spot in a pinch

Spent 2 nights here while passing through on our way to Mississippi. We had full hook ups on a pretty level pull through site. Wifi and cable was good and we had decent Verizon service. Although our spot didn't have leveling challenges, I noticed some did. One class C I saw had his front wheels 6 inches off the ground. The people in the office were friendly and accommodating.