About Lake Shelby Campground
County
Lake Shelby Campground is located in Kentucky
7 Reviews of Lake Shelby Campground
Small near lake

Small sites near the water

Not the worst place, but close...

First, the good: Lake Shelby was easy to find. The signs were easy to see and tent sites are well marked. The office, RV area and restrooms were easy to find and also well marked. The tent sites were shaded by nice trees and were located right next to the lake. The group tent sites looked nice and had shade and open areas. You can rent a paddle boat or canoe. However, there has to be an adult in the canoe for rental. There are several docks and a boat ramp. You have to pay to launch and there is an honor box for that. The campsite itself, was mostly flat and partially shaded. The fire pit was nice as well. Now, the bad: The lake was brown and had an oily film across the top. It smelled of dead fish and something else that I couldn't identify. I saw people fishing, but I never saw anyone actually catch anything. The tent sites were down a dead end road, however the amount of cars that went past our site made me feel like there was a parade that lasted almost the entire time we were there. The paddle boat lost steering when we were halfway around the lake. The only thing we could do was go in a circle. It took 20 minutes for them to send someone to assist us. There was a trash can next to our site, however, it was nearly full when we arrived and no one ever emptied it. The restrooms are located at the RV parking area, so we had to drive to use them. In my opinion, the restrooms should have been built in between the RV sites and tent sites to make them easier to access by walking. Overall, I didn't hate my time at Lake Shelby, but there was nothing great enough to make me return or recommend it to friends.

Go somewhere else

Seriously

Nice small campgound

Camped here with our pop up on 4/5/19. Lots of mud still around the camp sites. A nice parking lot in front of sites to back your rig up. Pads are small in length so be aware of that when it mentions it on the website.

Shower was free, good hot water. Only full hook ups on one site, but all the others has electric and water. The campground sits right next to the lake and dam and you can fish both in the lake and on the stream below the dam. A couple of docks on the lake side. They also rent paddle boats. Playground too for little kids. We paid $25.50 per night. Nice walking trails and a couple of geocaches not to far away.

Little slice of awesome close to town.

Big fan of of Lake Shelby - they have a few RV spots, some nice camping by the lake, overflow camping by the river past the dam, and primitive camping in the back along the lake trail - those are my favorite spots! If you like to fish this is a spot you'll want to visit. They have a playground for the kids, paddleboats and such for rent at a reasonable price, firewood for sale, and the showerhouse is clean. Very kind folks run it too, close to the city. but far enough away to exhale.

Very peaceful and accommodating campground

We stayed one night here, and it was great! We had been traveling all day and decided to find a place to camp. We ended up with a beautiful, quiet place, right on the lake, and we set up camp as the sun was setting. It was beautiful! There was an awesome play area for the kids and the shower facilities were clean. We would stay here again!