The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Rivals , KENTUCKY

Camping Kentucky Rivals Standard (Tent/RV)

Most Recent Rivals Camping Reviews
A nice FOB

I used this location as my FOB for a weekend of hiking in southern Indiana. The campground was nice. Being the first weekend in April, the water wasn’t turned on so there were no modern restrooms/shower houses available. I’d say the camp was 30% capacity over the weekend, relatively quiet in the evenings with light road traffic. The gate staff were exceptional, suggesting a much better sight than I had registered for online.

Great place to take kids

The history is enough to make you want to come back. Feels like you stepped back in time. Gotta play the song at least once a day. Enjoy the clean amenities and revel in the history over a late night camp fire.

Good, easy, safe

We car camped here and felt very safe! It was well lit but also had some good dark spots, either way not an issue if you have window coverings and/or sleep masks. It was very quiet!! There were several other RV campers and a vanlifer there, plenty of open lot spaces for pull throughs as well as three designated pull through RV spaces. This place has turned us toward using Cabela's more often!

Nice quiet lake

Nice lake with outboard motors allowed. We enjoyed the water with out listening to the motors. They are not turning on water until April 15. The campground has some nice spots with cabins and areas for people with horses. Not to big but not to small.

Perfect all around!

I’m on a month camping trek. This is the third place I’ve stopped in the past week. Beautiful area, tent camping and pull thru available. Camp hosts were knowledgeable, helpful, and kind. Store had everything I needed.

The place is beautiful with river view and valley overlooking sunsets every night. Options of wooded or open concept sites. Picnic tables and fireplaces were in good shape. Thunderstorms came though the night by noon everything was dry and perfect.

Everyone in the store when I arrived was welcoming. Answered all my questions. The have fishing licenses available, along with hunting.

Be aware it is a Marina, this said if fishings your deal everything your looking for in the store. If you’re used to being spoiled in state park camp stores, they have wood and ice and food and coffee. Don’t bank on them have that last minute toothbrush you forgot.

This being said the shower house was immaculate. Been camping since I was six months old. Don’t remember all the shower houses but I’ve never seen one this clean and well maintained.

For sure will be visiting again!
Great Park

One of our favorite spots to camp. Beautiful trails for hiking, great creek for swimming, close to Louisville.

Nice hidden spot

This is a hidden little gem in the bustle of Louisville. We visited in the off season and during COVID. But the staff were friendly, grounds were clean, sites are very close together. We were happy to spend the night and know we were safe and tucked in. Our son loved the jump pillow, I gave it a try and my knee has been reminding me all day that I’m too old for that!! We would definitely stay again.

Kentucky Horse Park Campground, KY

Kentucky Horse Park is a working horse farm and educational center. Unfortunately due to COVID-19 the tours were unavailable when we visited. Regardless, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The sites were spacious and well maintained. They all come with a picnic table, fire pit and full hook-ups. The bathrooms, showers and laundry room were clean and also well maintained. The staff was friendly and accommodating. A great location, especially if planning to visit Lexington during your stay.

breathtaking view

I've grown up with this state park and it seems to get more beautiful throughout the years. The observation tower is my absolute favorite spot in this park. It has a breathtaking view of the Historic Downtown Madison

A bit of heaven

We have stayed here two times and I have been very pleased with our stay. Yes it is small but very good managerment and ver clean facilities. Great playground and pool. Very close to lake and close to town for supplies. We will go back again in 2021.