Water Unknown
About Kentucky River Campground
Contact
Kentucky River Campground is located in Kentucky
3 Reviews of Kentucky River Campground
Quite tenting by the river

Everyone was so friendly! Mostly campers here, but the tenting is the best spot… Right down by the river (van not included), but electricity is.

Close to: Castle and Key, Buffalo Trace, Woodford Reserve, and West Sixth Brewery. Perfect location for some Bourbon Trail and beer hoping! I will definitely go back. And tell Angie at the desk I sent you!

Great place, great hikes

My family and I really enjoyed staying here. The campground was a decent size, although we didn't drive around the entire loop. We were lucky enough to get a spot close to the river, so at night we could hear the river rushing next to us. I know some people love this, and some people don't. A few things we really liked about this place:

• Great hikes nearby. We hiked 3 different trails while here. One of the days it was a little rainy, so the trail was muddy but we made it work. Recommend looking up good hikes nearby. I don't remember the names of the hikes we did, but I think one was called "Conner Meadow?"
  • Spacious campsites. The campsites seemed almost "double" in size of other places we have stayed. Each campsite is divided off by trees and shrubs which we liked.
  • Clean. Fire ring and table at each campsite
  • River- Love having access to the river to swim in. There is also a lake nearby that we saw on one of our hikes

What we didn't like was that the bathrooms were a little far from our campsite. We were only able to find 1 bathroom, so not sure if there is another one located within the campground or not.

Love this place

My family and I really enjoy coming here in the summer. We bring our RV and stay in one of the RV campsites. You can actually rent and RV there which is something I’ve never heard of. The RVs they have to rent are nice, with a kitchen and can sleep 4 people. I believe it costs $75 to rent this one. They also have a bigger one that sleeps 6 people and that one is $85 a night. I mean if you are going with some couples you could split that and it would be super cheap! You can reserve a spot online. Each site has a fire pit and picnic table. There is also propane filling stations. You can also bring your dogs to this campsite which was great for us because we have 2 dogs. The river is close which is awesome and great for swimming. No life guards on duty. We really enjoyed hiking at a few places nearby. I would recommend on going on a hike! The views are so gorgeous!!