The best GROUP camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Westwood Station Camping Reviews
One of my favorites

We tent camped at Amicolola in early May 2020…ir was cold one night but we built a great fire in the firepit which kept us warm.The camp sites are spacios gravel and fenced.I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the park and the amenities, the restrooms were very well kept and the park manager was gracious. They have a water fall and several trails leading dow to a well stocked pond. My grandson caughed dinner…yum. I thoroughly enjoyed our stay and plan to go back.

Wonderful Lake Lanier

This is a wonderful easy access multi sited campground. Boat ramps and lots of trees. Good beaches and lots of room in between sites.

Great views of Chattahoochee

Wonderful walks, good fishing most of the year. Can be heavily used at times.

Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Small, but designed well

This is a smaller park, but the sites are spread out well. Super quiet, lots of trails to follow - including paved ones (bonus for us as we have a baby in a stroller), full hook ups (w,e,s), and has a splash park during the summer time. We will be returning quite a bit since it’s close to home.

Freedom Rocks

Brand new place that is definitely worth a visit if you like freedom. You can tell that the property has been empty for quite some time, but I saw a pretty good bit of progress during the time I spent there. I'll definitely be returning for a visit again soon when the weather is a bit warmer!

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Dispersed winter camping near the Pocketocket

1/24/21: We were looking for somewhere near the Pocket to camp out for a night after a nice mountain bike ride on the Pinhotti Trail. The main campground in the area is closed in the winter. We pulled off the road onto Gentry Gap and found the perfect spot at the end of the road (~1 mile, easy dirt road). The Forest Service has done a nice job blocking off areas from vehicles (to stop erosion). There are 4 or 5 spots that are perfect for dispersed tent camping, and a small stream across the road for added ambiance. Super quiet and peaceful.

Historic park with great hiking and mountain biking trails

This is just under 2 hours from midtown Atlanta. The setting is lovely and I am sure it's a 'must see' during the leaf changing season as most of the forest is mature hardwoods. We had a pull through site overlooking the lake. The restroom facility closest to our site was closed but there was another facility a short walk away. It was a cold weekend so the heaters in the restroom buildings were very much appreciated.  About half the campsite was full so it was very quiet and relaxing. There were an abundance of birds in the area (for you bird watchers). We did the hike to the Fort and Fire Tower from a nearby parking area. It's a relatively easy 30 minute hike up.  There is a longer more challenging hike from the campsites but we were not up for that this trip. We had one dog with us, so I'd say this place is very dog friendly. Apparently there is a lot of black bear activity in the area but we did not see any this time. *Interesting fact: black bears do not hibernate like other more northernly bears so be informed and aware.  We will absolutely return to this wonderful park. Read more about the wonderful parks built during the 1930's and 1940's with the support of President Roosevelt and the "CCC" (Civilian Conservation Corp.) at: