The best STANDARD (TENT/RV) camping near
Bossard Property , DELAWARE

Most Recent Bossard Property Camping Reviews
Beautiful, but not much privacy

These drive up sites offer a great way to enjoy the beach and not have to leave at the end of the day, but they are all very exposed. Some offer slightly more separation from neighboring sites, but none are what you’d call private. I went in December and it was cold and windy, but nice to be one of the few people there. I haven’t been during the summer, but have heard it’s pretty consistently packed, which would considerably downgrade the experience, considering the lack of privacy IMO.

BUT, if you switch your mindset from camping to extended beach trip, then you’ll not be disappointed. Just don’t expect trees and seclusion.

Oh and the horses are cool! Make sure you don’t leave trash out, even in the middle of the day while you are at your site! I had one come up and start rummaging through the bag I had hanging from my truck that I had to shoo away.

Great

Campsites are spread out nicely so you have privacy. Pool is nice and within walking distance from all sites. Park is equal distance from Chincoteague and Assateague without the sandy sites

love!

Love staying here. beautiful sunsets you can see right from your tent and walking on the beach at night is amazing. Clean facilities. Horses can get in your stuff so make sure to put it away in your car

Best in seashore camping

Make no mistake, this is beach camping, but it is the best. Despite constant 20mph winds for the first two days which prevented us from pitching our tent (we slept in our SUV just fine) we had a blast. It was a bonus when we got the tent up, but the hiking, relaxing on the beach, campfire and watching the wild ponies is unbeatable.

Lovely place, watch out for cactus!

This was a favorite place while living on the east coast.  The campground is nicely laid out for a state campground.  Plenty of bike trails, places to explore, places to swim both in the bay and ocean.  I love the Atlantic in the summer…way more swimable than our Pacific Ocean.  I would gladly go back if I'm in the area.

Relaxed Party Beach

This is a fun mainly RV and Cabin campground. It has a bar on the beach and lots of fun amenities. The camp store/ restaurant has nice options and fun merchandise. The campground is load of fun to walk around, drive a golf cart around, or just people watch. I have stayed in both an RV and  cabin. The RV spots are easy to pull into, in great locations, and decently spaced out. The cabins are very well laid out, has a lot of room, and are super "beach bummy." The cabins are fairly pricey, but worth the cost! I have only stayed here on the "off seasons" but have been impressed. The place does have a bit of a trash problem, but that is due to the people staying here. It is not a wonderful place for the kids as it does remain quite loud at night and it is a partying place, but I have always camped with my family with younger children and faced no problems. The beach bar is VERY strict about being 21 or older and can get extremely rude about it, but it is understandable. Overall a great place to stay!

Fun for the kids!

This vacation beach RV park is super fun for the kids. They have old time plays, skits, and activities. The ability to rent golf carts is a super cool bonus especially to get the surroundings. I stayed in a large cabin with another family. The cabin was very nice western themed. There is a camp store that is slightly pricey, but expected, a saloon, an ice cream shoppe, an AWESOME waterpark, and the theme park. The waterpark is simple and not grandiose but so. much. fun. This is such a fun stop!

Best Dry Camp on the East Coast..!?

This campsite is accessed via a bridge from Berlin, Maryland. There is bayside and oceanside camping. The oceanside camp ground has 2 loops. Both loops have black top roads and pads, however loop 2 is a little more sand swept. These site are literally on the edge of the dunes.

There are no hookups, but they do offer composting bathrooms. Although there is no greenery separating sites, the sites are well spaced. Its lovely to listen to the ocean at night. Each site has a fire ring & picnic table. 20min from the hustle and bustle of Ocean City but feels like you are worlds away. The beach is beautiful and you can obtain a 4WD permit to do some beach driving. 10min to Sinepuxent Brewery which is well worth a trip.

The horses roam around the campground and like to venture down onto the beach. Winter(until April) is first come first served. Check-in is easy at the park office at the entrance. If you arrive after hours they leave a site map marked with which sites are free.

Nature nature nature

The woods are full of nature and diverse. species. We counted over 17 different species of fungi in a 25 foot stretch! I loved staying in the beautiful cabins and enjoying the nature strolls. Would most definitely return.

Cozy Cabin

I stayed in a group of 5 people to camp and hike in Pocomoke River State Park. I am a local of the eastern shore and wanted a little getaway that was not too far from home. The twin bunk beds were extremely comfortable and felt rather large with two of us sleeping in them. The cabin stayed warm and exceeded expectations. The hikes were a nice little nature stroll with well maintained trails and was very clean! We would for sure stay here again, especially when we start to have families of our own.