Blades, DELAWARE
Most Recent Blades Camping Reviews
Nice place.

Nice place. WiFi spotty. Bathrooms clean.

Close to everything!

Convenient location right on the bay! No shade though and right next to the highway so pretty noisey

A new favorite camping spot

Beautiful campground. The bathrooms were nicer than my bath at home and sparkling clean. Staff was amazingly pleasant and helpful. The campground was quiet and peaceful. The park had so much to explore, kayaking, hiking, fishing, beach access via kayak; we could have easily spent a week there. I was worried before arriving because other reviewers complained about the bugs. We were there mid July and the bugs weren’t bad at all, a few mosquito bites, and the biting flies were kept at bay by cutter. We will definitely be back. The kayaking alone is worth the trip.

Love this place!

It's just great! Nice and quiet, no hookups, but nice surroundings!

Great Park

Nice quiet, everything you need, kayaking, fishing.

Very nice

Vent wait to go back, family had a great time!

Lovely scenery

No hookups but wow the views! And if course the wild horses are amazing.

Outdated

This was a great campground when I was a kid. But the sites need updating as they are very small, hard to negotiate a modest sized modern camper into, and the campground floods easily following a heavy rain. The water park is lots of fun and though you are close to ocean city you really have no need to leave the park with all the entertaining events they have.

Club Castaway is the spot to be

A majority of the park is a mix of sandy sites sparsely covered by crabgrass and sand spurs. But there’s a gem… the club Castaway area is an extra gated spot on the water with grassy sites and level paved pads. The area had a private dock for fishing and crabbing and the sunrise is a must see from the deck. You pay for this view but it’s worth it.

Ranger Review: Ice Mule Pro at Assateague Island

Camping at Assateague State Park

Assateague Island is a national park located in Maryland that offers plenty of beach camping and hiking trails. I decided to camp on the Oceanside walk-in which is means that we had to walk from the parking lot about 200 ft to our camping area. They also offer camping areas you can drive up to as well as areas that are on the bayside of the beach. Our reserved spot on the beach included a fire ring and a picnic table and the perfect beginning to a great week of camping. During our time we were able to do some hiking along the 37 mile long park, kayak on the ocean, and Bay, see some wild ponys that rove the park, and enjoy the very clean facilities that the park offered. The Island is not far from Ocean City either if you wish to go to the Board walk which we did experience one night. I would recommend this to anyone who wants to camp along the water and listen to the waves hitting the shoreline however booking must be done in advance as reservations fill up very fast every season.

Link: https://www.nps.gov/asis/planyourvisit/marylandcamping.htm

Ice mule Pro XL

The Icemule Pro XL was great at what it was advertised for, which is keeping items cold. My Icemule was able to keep all the ice in its solid state for about 16 hours while sitting on the hot beach(90+ degree Fahrenheit) before melting to ice cold water. Once melted though the water stayed ice cold for roughly 30 hours. This was great because I didn’t have to refill the ice every day. The cooler was very popular with the crowds as multiple beach goers and friends would stop and ask me where I got it as they thought the design and concept of having a wearable backpack cooler was very neat. While the cooler did its job and the design was a good concept I found that it was very heavy when filled to its max. I do not believe that ordering the Icemule XXL would be realistic based off of this. Another issue I found was that packing drinks had to be done logistically in that you would have to put drinks, then ice, then add more drinks, and ice on top of that. Instead of a normal cooler where you would pack all of the drinks then pour the ice on top. This was an issue because many of my friends wanted to add some of there drinks to the cooler after I had already added the ice. None the less the drinks still stayed cool with the coolers cooling material. As mentioned I used this product while camping on the beach for a week and then used it again while watching some fireworks on the 4th of July and while the cooler did hold up the coolers back pack straps already had torn after about 10 uses. One final thing I found unfortunate was how the cooler closed. In my personal opinion Folding the opening of the cooler and buckling it was very tedious and many of my friends who used it wouldn’t go through the trouble of closing it. A regular cooler is easy to close in seconds where this takes a little more time and work. In the end it is a good cooler if you are looking for something portable and hands free but it is not something to use if you don’t have a strong back.

Link: https://icemulecoolers.com/products/the-icemule-pro-x-large

Fun for the Kiddos!

This Jellystone is extremely well staffed, with all staff members in high vis matching shirts. Staff did excellent job with alternate activities due to weather during our stay. Clean campground, clean bath house, no lifeguard at pool though. Campground is flat, shade is nonexistent, symmetrical layout, but nice sized sites. Good camp store, nice pool, arcade and plenty of activities!

Blueberry and Beaches

Great site close to beaches. Campsites are surrounded by blueberry bushes. Each site has fire pit and a grill. Able to use nearby pavilion to relax during rain. Job Johnny was extra clean! According to hipcamp there is no shower however they have built a nice outdoor cedar shower next to blueberry store. Store staff friendly and yummy blueberry treats for sale.

Great location

This was a very nice campground close to the beach. Full hook up sites and pull-through. The only negative was how bad it smelled from all the dead horseshoe crabs!

Incredible!

Okay, so in the past we’ve driven by this place and wondered who would camp in that parking lot?! We since bought an RV and thought, let’s try it out. We LOVED it! So it is a parking lot of campers but we didn’t sit around the camp. We had a site at the end of the loop facing the water so we couldn’t really see anyone else. It’s a short walk to the dog beach and a little longer walk to the guarded beach. We walked to the marina, a little store there had the nicest staff member. There was a small deli/seafood counter in marina shop and a restaurant on site where we ate dinner. The beach has a water front restaurant The Big Chill that we had drinks at while watching the surf. It was mid May so we weren’t swimming. The view of the lights up bridge over the inlet was spectacular! We stayed on the north side but if you want to walk to guarded beach easily, stay south side of inlet. There was a small store on that side. There is fishing allowed on the inlet and north side beach with DE permits. We drove a short distance to Bethany Beach, and Rehoboth and Fenwick are close too. We’ve already booked the same site for next year! Plan 9-12 months ahead if you want to stay here. It fills up fast. I reserved our site a month out but it had to have been a recently cancelled site because it was the only one available and it was the best site on the north side in my opinion. Same site was already booked for next year same weekend in May but I set up a notification and when it became available next May, I snatched it up!

Great June weekend

Our site was Deer Run loop # 111 but there was NO way we could back our small 18’ RV around the tree in the way (though this was just our 3rd trip with an RV). We switched to site 110 which was no problem. Very sparsely populated, it was near empty. Acorn Trail and Deer Run have electric. Water spigots were difficult to find in our loop but there’s a filling station near the sewer dump (don’t listen to the gal in the camp store, it’s there). We reserved our site just 2 or 3 days prior with lots of site choices. It’s buggy so bring whatever works for you. It rained twice but nothing was flooded or even very wet so good drainage at our site. The electric went out for about 3 hours in the middle of the night during a storm but the storm cooled things down. They offer canoe and kayak rentals and there’s a great pool! Bath house was beautiful but only 2 showers and one didn’t work on our last night there. We drove to the marina bath house instead. The store is nice as were the staff. Take bikes, it’s fairly level throughout. We went to Assateague State Park beach about a 30 min. drive. It was $4 a person in state / $6 for out of state. Terrible bath house really but great beach! Camp is near the town of Snow Hill which is a small town walkable place with quaint stores. I would stay here again!

Amazing!

We are ending a four night stay and are super pleased. Campsites are a good size, clientele is awesome, staff is great. Our one and only complaint is that the pool and water activities didn't open until 11.

Nice, Friendly - Okay for when you will be at beach all day

This is a huge campground. It is 95% seasonal permanent trailers. We estimate close to 500 permanent sites. Some very well maintained, but most are on the "junky" side.  There are limited RV sites and tenting sites.    The RV sites provided water and electric hook up.   There is a dump station which, when leaving, you need to go around the loop to get on the correct side.  The tent areas are literally on top of the dump station.   The RV and tent sites are on top of each other.  Shower/bathrooms are clean.  Staff is friendly.   There is a camp store, pool, and activities.  The campground is gated.  Many people and LOTS of golf carts.  They didn't enforce the over 18 to operate a golf cart!  Lots of dogs.  We have dogs so that is fine.  All this is fine when you plan on not being at the campsite too often.  But, we prefer a quieter campground so we stick to state parks usually.  We booked this site because we waited to long to book Cape Henlopen.  Can't say it is a bad place.  Everyone was friendly.  Just not our type of place to go and relax.  We got lucky and our site, RV17, was the last site in the row of RV sites so we had no one on the back side of us.

Beautiful beach, but watch your dinner

Absolutely beautiful location, campsites were good, the beach was a short walk away, restrooms were good, just had to keep food in the car and not prepare dinner during dinner time. A family across the way from us had their dinner eaten by the wild horses. Overall fun place to camp!

Very nice

Very nice campground. Great location, beautiful scenery, friendly people.

Awesome

The best campground I've been to. Super friendly and helpful people, large sites which are easy to back into. Good cell coverage, reasonable WiFi. Tons of activities!

Group Sites are Nice

Stayed there June 7-9 with my small Scout troop. The campsite is HUGE! No on site shelter. The pit toilets are normal camp pit toilets, however a real lid over the holes would be nice. Having the canoe/kayak rental on site is great. The water trail was an easy circuit for new paddlers. The scouts liked the pool. The camp store was well stocked and the staff was friendly and helpful.

A Hidden Delaware Gem

I’ve only ever camped here in the spring. Summertime will be extra buggy so bring spray. If you own a kayak  or a canoe you have to bring it. Getting out on the pond and being one with the  bald cypress is amazing! You can roll in with your RV, tent camp, or rent  a cabin or a yurt. Our last visit here we stayed in a cabin and it was so much fun. It’s a little on the small side and the mattress was less than stellar, but we didn’t mind at all. It’s a perfect little shelter for when you’re not outside enjoying all the beautiful nature. I highly recommend checking it out.

BEWARE OF HORSES

They ate our pasta salad! Left a closed COOLER alone for thirty (30) seconds and they knocked it over and opened the Tupperware! Evolution at its finest I guess. The hikes are sandy and (on a non windy day) buggy but the water makes up for it. Perfect place to fly a kite by day and make s’mores by night.

Well maintained, friendly ownership

Nice, clean campground. We have stayed in the cabins and it was really nice. Also, brought our pop up. The pop up sites are nice, shaded and secluded but it’s kind of swampy so there were bugs and there was no view of the lake. However, there are many sites with a view of the lake. They don’t look like they get shade though. Great spot within a short drive to OCMD and Asateague.

Off season visit

We visited off season (early April) and absolutely loved it. The location was great and the beaches are quiet. I hear it gets packed and I see that it’s hard to book if you don’t book early. Our experience was awesome!

Peaceful !!!

This is a older campground, and we really enjoyed camping here.. Very quiet, took my grandson and him and my husband had the pool all to themselves…had a nice fire 🔥 going and listened to some good music…toasting marshal mellows. And Killen Sate Park was just a short ride….

Favorite place along the Jersey coast ...

Very nice place…bathrooms and pool are all very clean. Some sites are a little small but everyone is so nice you don’t mind. Bring my grandchildren a lot and they love it. And don’t forget our four legged family members. This campground is also very pet friendly ❤️. We come back as often as possible.

Perfect getaway

Awesome campsites. Nice clean bathrooms, and plenty to do between the trails, ocean, and bay. Kayaks are available for renting and there is a general store just a few minutes up the road for whatever you would need. Only recommendation would be to make sure you do NOT get a campsite near the wetland area. The mosquitos there are terrible.

HUGE Campground!

This place is massive! Our site was large and fairly easy to get into. They have updated some of the bath houses and are currently updating some of their sites. We were here over the Memorial Day holiday and the place was packed! Still, it was a fun and relaxing weekend. Most of our neighbors were friendly and quiet. The only complaint we had was the person riding around on a golf cart blaring music until well passed quiet time. We're all for a good time, but our little one was being woken up. I shouldn't be able to hear your music word for word over the noise of my air conditioner directly over my bed, at 12AM! Otherwise, great time and close to Ocean City, Md.