The best BOAT IN camping near
Mountain Center , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Mountain Center Camping Reviews
Love this place

My family and I enjoy coming here. We live close by and take out travel trailer there . We love it the sites are great and the staff is very helpful

Great place

We had a great family weekend at this place. So beautiful staff was very friendly

Amazing but not level

This campground was a great unexpected surprise! The kid at the check-in station is just the sweetest! We were told to go look around and pick out a site and just go back and tell them… Well the campground is HUGE and it took a while in the RV to go all the way to the end (Catfish) where they suggested, back to let them know, and then back to set up camp. But after all that we got to sit back and relax and watch the beautiful sunset!

there are a couple oddities here though - for an RV campground there is a ton of ground that is not level. Pretty much only the sites right along the water are level because you're basically on the beach.  We lucked out with one of those and no one else around because of the holiday/covid.

The lake is no-touch, so no dipping your toes in, no letting the dog splash, nothing. But a couple people were fishing.

It was so quiet and peaceful that I couldn't imaging a better last night to our vacation! I would think in normal circumstances, though, this place must be crazy and a site on the water means sharing your beautiful spot with anyone who wants to walk right by. Although you may feel like you get your own beach, you don't.

There are two dump stations but for some reason there is a plastic ring that prevents the hose from going in the ground so its a bit gross.  There's propane at the market where the front entrance is.

It felt like this is a family-run campground and I mean that in the best way!

Great Open Space

Great open space minutes from Joshua Tree park and next to Twentynine Palms town. A lot of OHV rolling around and a few scattered groups. We got some wind that luckily died down. Great place to see the sunrise and sunset.

Private campsite

I went to stop by checking campsite. That day office was closed, but I got flyers.

Very Private

Perfect get away close to the city clean, hook ups, hiking trails, beautiful views

Kids had a blast

We took my nephews here and they cried when they had to leave. It was a lot of fun for us. The boys fished alllll day long and actually had a few catches. The people who were camping here were really nice! They seemed to love their campsites and highly recommended it.

Forrest camping

I love love love this campsite. It’s so beautiful to be covered completely by the trees! It makes me feel like I’m in an actual Forrest and not the middle of San Diego

Love it here

We come here to hike all the time, our dog especially loves this trail! The campsites looks dispersed and absolutely beautiful! The views are worth taking in.

Cute

Dixon lake is a perfect spot for my nephews to fish and play in the dirt. The campsites look really nice and ideal for tents. The walks around the lake are definitely worth doing!