Lamar, ARKANSAS

The #1 Camping App

The #1 Camping App

Link to the App Store Link to Google Play
Most Recent Lamar Camping Reviews
Clean and full of lake views

Not many spaces for camping but had a beautiful view and clean bathrooms

Family Friendly Campsite

Beautiful place but not a very convenient layout for trailers… the trails are hardcore!

Primitive Camping

Great Campground with restrooms and running water. Campground sits next to the Buffalo River and Roark Bluff background. Lots of wildlife such as deer, elk and if you are lucky black bears. Very quiet and every site has a picnic table. Half of the sites can be reserved. GO!!!! ITS IS A BEAUTIFUL PLACE!!

So much to do!!

My Favorite Place!! So much to do!! Love staying in the yurts!! Lots of trails to hike!! Extremely affordable!! Breath taking views!!

☹️

Sadly this park is a victim of several park closures by the Little Rock District US Army Corp of Engineers. I am glad to see that someone is trying to maintain the park. I’ve never camped here, but thanks to this app and the reviews I will be checking this park out for future trips in the area.

Breathtaking

I grew up in Arkansas but had never been here until this past winter. It's an absolutely beautiful place.

I can't wait to return here for summer activities. Awesome lodge with great food, the best view I have seen in ages. The park staff was also great and very helpful. One day we were there the visibility was nil, turns out we were in low clouds, not fog. Pretty cool.

Ageless wonder

Petit Jean is the oldest state park in Arkansas and it has it all. Our family makes a trip to Petit Jean at least twice a year. So many trails, recreational areas and breathtaking views to enjoy. It is one of the best FAMILY state parks we’ve been too.

The sites in A and B loop are often booked a year in advance so plan your trips strategically. C and D loop are accommodating but will be a tighter fit for most rigs >30’.

The visitor’s center is being completely redone to enhance the experience. If you haven’t been, make the trip.

Quick info on alcohol. Petit Jean is in a dry county (yes that exists). If you aren’t bringing your own alcohol, make sure and stop at Petit Jean Liquor right off I-40.

Beautiful park with lots to do

Lake Ft. Smith State Park is a beautiful park in the Boston Mountains. We drove over from Memphis to meet my brother’s family (who lives in Tulsa). We stayed in campsite 9 which was a pull through site and had stunning views of the lake. My brother stayed in site 8. Sites 1-20 have full hook-ups with sewer. The bathhouse was clean and fully functioning.

Pros: Many activities at the Visitor Center for children. Ozark Highland Trail is directly behind the campsites on the lake side. Recreational area with a playground that is updated. Sites have gravel which limits how much dirt/mud you have to deal with.

Cons: Many of the campsites are on a grade. They all have multiple levels with stairs and have no railings. We had 5 children <6 years of age and the sites were somewhat perilous. If you are a parent with small kids, sites 17-20 and sites 2-3 are better. The other sites are excellent, but not necessarily best for small kids. Last, the playground requires that you drive to it which is inconvenient.

Overall: Great family park with updated amenities. We’d like to give it a try in the spring/summer when the pool and splash pad are open! If you’ve got small kids, Petit Jean State Park would be my suggestion in this area of Arkansas.

Beautiful Getaway

Camp spots are nicely spaced out. Water available. No electric. Had cell service for the most part. Bathrooms well kept. Pretty secluded area. Note: there are snakes and ticks. A lot of ticks. Take a flashlight with you in the dark and be cautious. I encountered a copperhead on my night time bathroom run. Mulberry is one of my favorite rivers I have kayaked and this campsite offers a great take out spot. Decently priced and easy to get to.

Scenic and perfect for all ages

Beautiful scenic mountains, valleys and lakes. Trails for hiking and watching wildlife. Turtle rocks are worth viewing along with the cave. All ages can hike and walk to scenic areas in this park. Driving around is easy and convenient to the sites you will want to visit. Easy to check in and find camping spots. Very quiet while camping. Great sounds of nature to listen to. Bathhouse with shower. Swimming pool and playground. Perfect for families, couples or singles. We will camp here again because of the peaceful tranquility of this beautiful park.