Equestrian
National Park Service
Hike In
Kyles Landing is located in Buffalo National River in Arkansas
18 Reviews of Kyles Landing
Great jumping off points for hikes and floating

Kyles will be busy on the summer weekends especially when floating season is in full swing, but it's still a beautiful campground.  During that time try and get a site away from the launch/takeout spots.  There are several good outfitter options nearby to make the float trip easy.

The road from the highway down into the campsite is inexplicably poor given the traffic this gets.  Not sure if it's because it's part federal and part county, but you would think they'd maintain it better or, to be really optimistic, pave it.  It's passable in any vehicle if you take your time, but be prepared.

Some great hikes from Kyles, the most spectacular being Eye of the Needle.  Easier ones include Twin Falls.  The definitive guide for hiking in the area is Tim Ernst's Buffalo River Hiking Trails.

I travel with 4 kids usually, and Kyles is a great spot for a number of family activities.  Cell service is minimal to nonexistent, so it also reduces screen time and gets the teenagers re-engaged!

Stunning Ozark/Buffalo River Views

This is the best disconnect from the world campground. During peak Buffalo float season, arrive early as they are first come, first serve. The middle campsites aren’t my favorite but arent bad sites. River access. Showers are not available at the campground. There is a private outfitter at the top of the hill that offers pay showers. Speaking of the “hill”, its a steep road down i to the campground. Other reviewers will probably say you need a truck/suv to get into it. I got my compact car down just fine. Go slow in a lower gear. There are toilet facilities that are well kept. Water access available but no hookups. Very low cost too. Picnic tables, lantern post, and fire rings at each site. Absolutely no cell service. No one in our group with varying cell service providers had service.

Beautiful views

Had a great time kayaking! Awesome fishing and swimming! The water is crystal clear with rocky pebble shore line. Great place to stay!

Primitive camping done right

This place is for primitive camping only. There are bathrooms with running toilets but no showers although they have showers at the store at the top of the hill. As you drive down this long steep hill it takes you down to the buffalo river. No camping RV’s allowed and make sure your breaks work. We go every September for a full week. It’s relaxing and the river is right there. Crisp clean water and the sound is wonderful to destress from life. I definitely recommend this campground.

Quiet, peaceful campsite

Kyle's Landing probably has to be my favorite campground along the Buffalo National River. Though less well-known than spots like Steel Creek, the campground has the same amenities, yet with much less of the crowd that Steel Creek draws.

It has a beautiful bluff and easy access to the river as well as access to several hiking trails including Indian Creek. It has bathrooms with running water, self-pay sites, and each site has a picnic table and firepit. Great spots for hammovking along the tree line.

The only warning is I would recommend a four wheel drive vehicle. The road to and from is I think about two miles of dirt road, but all pretty steep. TWD vehicles can make it back up, and I have done it several times. But it is a lot easier in a 4WD/AWD.

Beautiful with an amazing river and bluffs to home a stone throw away.

Great escape! It runs parallel to the Buffalo National River. Beautiful campground with well maintained grounds. It includes hiking trails, river access and walk in camp grounds only. Tents only are highly recommended. Rough road getting there and no cell service which is fine with me. The only negative is there are no showers. Only restrooms and an outside water supply. That's why I gave it a 4 star. If you are ok with not showing or doing a sponge bath then 5 stars.

Best time

Little did my husband and I know how tough this canoe trip was for people from the south who do not have rapids but it was the most memorable trip we have had by far. We never flipped but the water was high when we went we ended up camping right on the water on the sand bank and cooked dinner over the fire it was beautiful breathtaking and would highly recommend!

Great little spot

Great spot to camp, fills up fast on fridays!

Beautiful and worth the drive. Do not go with a rear wheel drive vehicle

Breath take views, fun and very scenic kayaking as well canoeing, and great hiking. However you have to drive down a very sketch “road” to the camp site. Do not try the road in a rear wheel drive or low profile vehicle.

Babys first camping trip!

Beautiful campground! Loved camping by the river! Had great trees to hammock on! I was happy to have a table and a fire pit. I was happy to have the bathrooms close to our camp site.