the dyrt
National Park Service
Kyles Landing is located in Buffalo National River in Arkansas
12 Reviews of Kyles Landing
Best time

Little did my husband and I know how tough this canoe trip was for people from the south who do not have rapids but it was the most memorable trip we have had by far. We never flipped but the water was high when we went we ended up camping right on the water on the sand bank and cooked dinner over the fire it was beautiful breathtaking and would highly recommend!

Great little spot

Great spot to camp, fills up fast on fridays!

Beautiful and worth the drive. Do not go with a rear wheel drive vehicle

Breath take views, fun and very scenic kayaking as well canoeing, and great hiking. However you have to drive down a very sketch “road” to the camp site. Do not try the road in a rear wheel drive or low profile vehicle.

Babys first camping trip!

Beautiful campground! Loved camping by the river! Had great trees to hammock on! I was happy to have a table and a fire pit. I was happy to have the bathrooms close to our camp site.

Babys first camping trip!

Worth every bump in the horrible road to the camp grounds

This campground is quite and beautiful. A real bob Ross of a campground, however the drive down the Arkansas hill to this serene location is a tense frustrating and should not be attempted with a real wheel drive or low profile vehicle.

Beautiful campsite

One of my favorite past times is camping. Every year I go camping for my birthday and we always go to Kyles' to camp, eat some brats, and cook some s'mores. There are places of the camp site where you can use a hammock, but it's mostly a tent site. The Buffalo River Trail travels straight through Kyles so you can set up camp for the night at the end of your long day. I will say that if it has been raining, you want to have a better car purely because it's such a steep hill going in and out of Kyles'. I had a small corolla for a long time, and it usually did not stop me from driving down there, but I was always stressed out getting out of the valley.

Be sure to wake up early when you camp here, as there's usually a gorgeous pink sky outlined where the bluff is and it's my favorite.

Great place, especially in the fall!

We were here last fall and the colors were simply gorgeous. It was quite chilly in the morning and evening/night, so pack warm clothes! It's isolated, beautiful, and has clean, easily accessible restrooms. There's also potable water spigots. The sites aren't very private, but there's isn't that many sites so it balances out.

While 4x4 isn't required, I definitely wouldn't take any larger vehicles or tiny cars this way. The road is steeply inclined and bumpy.

We had a great time and would definitely stay here again!

would definitely stay there again!

the drive in is something you have to be thoughtful about. I went with a group from my school and we had vans and it was a very rough gravel road. so this is definitely more of a tent camping spot. It is in a valley and is quite beautiful. we stopped there on our way from backpacking the buffalo river trail and it was a great stopping point. There are bathrooms but no showers. there is a fee to stay in the camp but is not ridiculous.