Camping in Kibler Valley

152 Reviews of 25 Kibler Valley, Virginia Campgrounds

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Such a clean campground!

Very easy to maneuver. Pull through and back in sites. All level gravel sites. Nice pond, Playground and picnic pavilions.

• arrival at site 33
    Play button icon
  • nice fire pits!
Vy N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2021

Gem

My friend recommended New River Junction to me and I'm glad that I listened to him. The campground is not far from Virginia Tech and so there were several other campers staying a few nights with plans to go to the football game. The RV sites are along the river and two sites share an electical box…

Fred R.
Reviewed Sep. 8, 2021

Out way home

Didn't know what to expect. Very quiet area. Some spots are near I74 but most are not. Large lake and history here. Close to town to see the local legends hometown.

Roland R.
Reviewed Sep. 7, 2021

Friendly place

Camped out for one night, great place. Owners are real friendly, they have a store as well. The trains though! My dog did not appreciate them, but overall nice place.

Siteprimitive campsite
L
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2021

We enjoyed our stay

We tent camped on Aug 28. This was our first time setting up on a platform and it was very easy. Our site had a great view of the beautiful lake. There was a pool our kids could swim in until 7:00pm. They let us borrow a metal fire pit so we could make s’mores. The restrooms and showers were very…

SiteTent site 4
H
Reviewed Aug. 31, 2021

Awesome Stay!!!

Very friendly and welcoming! We were arriving after hours, so they left our site packet outside the office door with all of the info we needed! Had great wifi! Full hookup sites! Level spots. Had nice playgrounds!

Onara G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2021

Quiet, Relaxing and Clean

Two nights here and enjoyed it. We did laundry, sat by the pool or watched the sheep grazing on the hill. Sites are a good size and doesn't feel cramped. The store is stocked with essentials and staff is friendly.

KThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2021

Great experience!

Great service and clean campground! Highly recommend their brisket!

Tara N.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2021

Large level sites convenient to Mayberry

The campground has a nice playground, large sites with grass and rock parking pads. Full hookups. All sites are in the sun. This campground is very convenient for touring through Mayberry.

michele H.
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

No camping issues

No issues but my husband had a conversation with an employee during which he mentioned they will be closing in October and leveling the lots

SiteC3
My G.
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Bee careful when choosing this campground

We stayed here during the summer at campsite 86. When we got there we noticed that the campsite was on a very big slant and while there was a “flat” area for out tent, there was no flat area for the fire pit. Also we cannot put into words how bad the yellow jacket infestation was there. It ranged…

Teresa S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 13, 2021

Room With View

Mayberry is big rig friendly even though it is set on a rolling hill/mountain. All sites are gravel and clean.

The campground doesn't have much to do, but it is a great place to stop a couple of nights to see Mayberry (My. Airy) and all the history of the Andy Griffith show.

• Fun Police Car Tour
J
Reviewed Jul. 10, 2021

Good Campground

This is a Federal Campground and is quite clean and taken care of. It has nice sites, clean bath houses. The sites are uneven so plan on leveling  you camper. It dose have a boat ramp and swimming area that is also well maintained. The turns into sites are tight so just be aware

Jacqueline F.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 9, 2021

Not my favorite

It’s an amazing drive to this campground, but it definitely wasn’t my favorite. Most of the sites are not level and it felt very crowded. The bathrooms and showers were pretty gross and I don’t think they were cleaned the 3 days we were there. Our site was by the dump station which was in sitting…

• trail near campsite with overlook views
  • am I Batman? :)
  • downhill bike ride to campstore
Michelle The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2021

Never Again

We booked a full week here in June. Never again.

Let me start with the pros...the staff is attentive and always working. The pond is nice with the ducks swimming around. Great location to thenwineries.

Cons:

There are no trees to be found near the sites, and in the heat of summer you need some…