Camping in Burning Knolls

422 Reviews of 39 Burning Knolls, Virginia Campgrounds

Jessica C.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Buggy

Do come early but not for the campsites… for the parking. Nice clean campsites. No water. They provide trash bags to take your own trash home.

Sitein the parking lot. trailer camping
Patraic E.
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2021

Good get away.

Went here during the week and the tent sites where pretty empty. The facilities are well kept. My only complaint is I could here the traffic from the highway on the A loop. Otherwise my stay was quiet and pleasant.

Sitea10
Daniel F.
Reviewed Aug. 2, 2021

Free, quiet, cell service!

Tent sites are rough, some outside ring sites have tent pads.

Michael M.
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2021

Just a local getaway for most

Everything is up to par. Good site, staff and store. Would recommend to anyone.

SiteD-12
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Exit 45 a Cumberland

Very pleased and sites were flat and beautiful views. Very clean as well. Love the apple trees that outline the property. Owners were very accommodating to us as we came in late

Jason The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 28, 2021

Beautiful, and peaceful

This campground is just far enough off the highway for easy access to it's peace and quiet. It's also apparently quite large, but we couldn't tell based on our site and the space and woods around us. Plus there are caverns right on site that you can tour. There are also some awesome roads to…

SiteE64
IThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Amazing campsite

We loved our stay at this campground! It was clean and well maintained. Additionally, there was only two other groups there on a Sunday night.

dThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

Great campsites and clean facilities

This was our first time camping and we couldn’t have asked for a better place to start. The campsites were well kept and it looked like each site was a close walking distance to a bathroom, dumpster, and potable water. Bathrooms were clean as well.

SiteD169
Mark M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2021

Easy dispersed camping by the river

From my limited camping experience, this is a great site! There are 5 sites that are first come, first serve across from a day use area. A short drive away from DC and it couldn't be easier to get to: park in a lot and walk about 500ft down to the campgrounds.

About 4 sites are in use during my…

Brian S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Serenity

I wanted to add to my original review I absolutely love this campground I live in Baltimore so it’s only an hour and 10 minutes for me I am planning my third trip next month. This video shows the Shenandoah River and the campground enjoy

SiteC2
L
Reviewed Jul. 17, 2021

First time in SNP

Beautiful campground, with easy access to great hiking. Showers, and toilets were nice, and well maintained. Staff was friendly and helpful. Highly recommend.....I was in a pop up tent in my truck, and it was great.

Site??
BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 16, 2021

Great spot for family camping

Took my nephews on their first camp out. Perfect place for introduction.

Joann&WellsThePup I.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 14, 2021

Family Campground

Nice campground for families with bathrooms, pool, pond, and general store. If you are looking for somewhere peaceful and secluded, this probably isn’t it. BUT there are some positives- it’s extremely close to 15 mile creek, the Potomac, and Bill’s bar. A lot of the sites are rented all year for…

Sitemy friends rental site
a
Reviewed Jul. 12, 2021

Walk in Free

It’s a small walk to the tent only sites right off the C & O Canal which is heavily used by bikes and walkers. It sets down from the canal trail while the portapotty is right on the trail. The sites have breathing room and it’s on the Potomac River but it feels really odd to camp with so much…

Sitefree