About Lake Fairfax Campground
Max Length: 50 ft.
Lake Fairfax Campground is located in Virginia
8 Reviews of Lake Fairfax Campground
So much to do!

We stayed here while visiting our daughter in Reston. Checked out the Mtn biking trails, skateboard park, Great Falls National Park is only a few miles away. Also went golfing at Top Golf. Super clean restrooms. If u you don’t like light pollution don’t stay near the skateboard park side of the campground the lights are crazy there! Bottom line: Great location with tons to do!

This is It!

If you are looking for camping in Fairfax County Virginia, this is it, because there are only a couple to choose from. This campground has a lot to offer & there is bunch of activities available outside the campground. This is the first place I ever camped.

Great for Families

A lot to do: mountain bike trails (horses and walking, too); wooded hikes with water along the trails (great for dogs in the summer heat), skateboard park, BMX park, Water Park near the campground, fishing, & canoeing). Best quality: totally in the woods so summer sun doesn’t affect you.

Great Facilities but Crowded

Five stars for the restroom facilities. Bright, large, clean and very well maintained. It’s very convenient and plenty of activities for the kids.

However, this place gets crowded. I shouldn’t be surprised since it’s in the middle of the city but driving through the masses picnicking on the weekends takes you out of it. Also, because it is such a high traffic area, our campsite had small pieces of trash scattered around. Not a lot, but enough to be annoying. It’s not the park administrators fault, I think it’s impossible to keep a campsite like this perfectly clean when there are so many people with all of their “stuff” coming in on weekends.

Campsites are close together. If you like being around people and don’t mind seeing 3-4 other sites around you, then this place is a really nice and easy campsite. But if you want some seclusion, I would recommend other places.

Great Falls Proximity With Much Much More

I asked myself what was the closest location I could find to Great Falls when making a day of this area. 3 miles was about as close as I could get, and while in this area a lot can happen in 3 miles it was well worth the traffic I faced, the driving in and out of the "city" and the overall discovery of this location as it was.

Let me just start by saying I expected to find this and just go to Great Falls, but had I have known that it had so many different things around I would have probably extended my stay a bit. There was a waterpark and outdoor sports area where you could enjoy so many activities. And then there was the lake itself!! Bike trails, hiking trails and equestrian trails surround this area and I honestly could have spent so much more time just enjoying this space because of all the interesting things there were to do right in front of me.

But with all good things there is also a price point that has to match and I will say that this one is a bit steep at $28 on week days or $31 on weekends for a regular tent camper with no electricity. For those needing hook ups that extends even more so to $37 or $45 for RVs depending on length on weekday to $41 or $50 for weekends.

That really was the deal breaker for me the price. While I was there on a weekday, the following day was a weekend and that hike though not but a few dollars was hard to swallow in an already kind of expensive primitive site.

TIPS:

• If you are a senior make sure to mention this, you get a large discount on sites when staying here.
  • Check out the marina where you can rent paddle boats and other items for water fun.
  • Take the 3 mile drive to Great Falls, it is amazing and if not there on a weekend you will have many of the trails to yourself. During weekends it is a popular spot for families with only a $10 per car price tag.
Amazing all around

The There's a water park, paddle boats, playgrounds, trails, skate park, sports fields, and the bathrooms are the nicest I've ever seen

Weekend Trip

Stayed for two nights with another family. They brought their travel trailer and our pop-up. The outer loop campsites are easily more level than the center loop. If leveling perfectly is a concern you may want to call ahead and ask before commiting to the inner loop. Electric hookup only. Bathhouse was very clean and the staff friendly. Water fill & Dump Station on the beach side of the bathhouse. This is a State Park so it's filled with activities. Great place to mountain bike as we noticed several groups camping and biking during our stay. We enjoyed the water park immensely. Ten of us in total with kids ranging from 18 months old to 13 years old. Everyone enjoyed the water park and the time we spent there. additional fee for access to the water park.

Eh

This place does have a lot of things to do like Water park, A big open field where you can sometimes watch cricket games, a nice lake where you can fish, but you're not out in the open, and there's only a trails to walk on it's basically a camp site in an urban town