The best WALK IN camping near
Greeneville , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Greeneville Camping Reviews
Serene and Quiet Campground

To have found this place is one of the reasons I love this app so much. This campground is a GEM tucked away from the tourism hustle and bustle. Close enough to be convenient but more than half away for some peace and quiet and a beautifully dark sky full of stars.

The camp store is packed with everything you could need.

The staff is very friendly and made me feel welcome.

The creek/river that runs through is amazing with most campsites sitting along one of the two creeks.

I stayed two nights in a tent site and one night in their primitive cabin. I loved every minute of being there and would have stayed longer if it wasn’t booked up.

The one thing that was not my favorite is that a road runs through the campground so as a solo camper I prefer being a closed campground. But everyone was so nice there and after getting settled I did feel safe.

I will 100% return to this magical place that takes me back in time to how camping used to be.

Great Campground

There is a little bit of everything here. Mountain location meets all the view requirements to include the rushing stream as you come in. Owners are supper friendly and want to make your stay enjoyable. There are cabins, tents, and RV sites so you can take your choice of sleeping accommodations. Plenty to do for kids of all ages with game room, swing set, basketball, corn hole, and a field big enough to throw a frisbee or play catch. Add a little creek through the middle and a fishing pond; what more do you need?

Campground is well maintained. The RV Sites are level. The bath house is clean. The WiFi is A++, can you say streaming?! You have your choice of open site or one with tree cover. If you are looking for a place to see the leaves changing color this is the place to stay. Don’t wait to make your reservations it fills up fast!!!

Private Camping

We had no immediate neighbors at our site which was great but the bathroom closest to us was closed so we had a bit of a walk down the road to the next one. Felt really private with only a rv across the way and a few other tents through the wooded median. The tent pad was perfect and one of the rangers stopped by in the morning and gave us some great hiking suggestions!

Not my thing

So I use this app to find tent camping sites. To me, that’s kinda what a campground is. A good variety of both. This turned out to be mostly RVs and then three tents, one including mine. Needless to say, it was loud. For what it was, it was great. For what I thought it would be, it wasn’t. They have a lot of cool amenities and I will totally come back if I ever get a camper. But I wouldn’t just tent camp there again I don’t think.

Nice Private Owned Campground

We pulled into Greenbrier in Gatlinburg and originally had reservations for two nights but added an additional night. The campground was full, sites very close, but full hookups. Nice clean bath houses and laundry. They had a large central green area in the middle of the campground with volleyball, basketball, and climbing and slides for kids. It was very popular! We stayed Two nights in site 84 and had to move to #10 for the third night. Other than being close to your neighbors, it was a great park! I’d stay there again!

Beautiful Views

We spent an evening at Mile High Campground while traveling through the Blue Ridge Parkway and Smoky Mountain National Park. The campsite was great, right off the Parkway, beautiful sprawling views, and quite/private spaces.

Very nice people and staff

It’s only our third RV park, but I I can see why people like to drycamp/boondock. The sites are very tight, quite close together. The neighbor woke me at 2:00am going in and out of his RV just from the door closing. Across the highway is a helicopter tour company and it runs all day long, very noisy. On the positive side, the staff is amazing and so accommodating. We needed help since it was our first back in site. Scott was wonderful!!! He guided us in and got us leveled and ready to enjoy our stay. It had rained heavily the day before so the ground was very soft and one side of our rig kept sinking. He ran off to get a piece of wood that did the job to keep our tires from sinking so we could get level. Everyone is so friendly and welcoming. We back up to the river which is wonderfully peaceful. I guess there will be pros and cons to every park. The only reason we won’t be back is because we saw what we wanted to see here, and have along bucket list of other places to explore.

Beautiful little campground right along the river.

Mostly level gravel spots. Sites are close together. Block bathhouse that the spiders enjoy. Beautiful river. Lots of open space pets. This is very country setting. Friendly host.

Pretty and convenient.

20 minutes from downtown Asheville, we got to enjoy the city a little bit while also camping. Campground and staff were great but campsites are extremely close together (we stayed at hard times loop), some of the RV sites at Big John Loop seem to have a bit more privacy, however those are completely paved and not suitable for tents. We have Verizon and usually get service everywhere even spotty locations but our phones hardly worked there and definitely no internet. We got lucky (due to the cold I think), the site next to us was empty until our last day. The showers kinda suck, it’s a few seconds of timed release, if you’re trying to get clean and wash your hair having to keep pushing a button every 30 seconds that the water goes out is pretty annoying, specially when it’s so cold. And the lack of pressure and position of the shower makes you have to almost lean on the wall.

Extremely packed

I have it three instead of two simply because they have numerous activities (we didn’t have time to participate) and the location is convenient. This will not be a campground we return to though. They insisted that I have them help back in, but sent someone that was his first day on the job, I finally had my son (who normally helps me just fine) get out and direct me. There is no telling how long I would have tried with this man’s help. The camp road is approximately 30 feet wide, which sounds good, except the sites are so small, you have to park halfway in the road, so both sides are lined with trucks/SUVS. The photos are the right squeeze when we pulled out. Once you are in your site, you only have about 20 feet of space before you are standing in the next site. I have never stayed in such a tightly packed campground. KOA is just down the road and looked like a much better bet.