the dyrt
About Wilson's Riverfront RV Park
What We Offer: - concrete slabs - free WI FI (password protected) - cable available (digital box required, available in office with deposit) - riverfront sites - bike path and greenway - tent sites - bath house - nearby local attractions - convenient interstate access - Propane Filling Station now available - visit the Campground Office for details.
Private
Wilson's Riverfront RV Park is located in North Carolina
2 Reviews of Wilson's Riverfront RV Park
Close to river, little noisy

We camped here in September. It is mainly an RV park, but the woman who owns it has 2 acres of open field along the river. There are no campsites, but we were welcome to pitch a tent wherever we liked. There was a small bathroom/shower facility very close and wifi accessible. I loved being near the water-- we went tubing straight from out campsite on Saturday! But its close to the highway and you can hear cars at night. Also, it got very crowded our second night and tents next to us did not observe any sort of "quiet hours".

Good not great... but one of few campgrounds so close to Asheville

Pros: -Camp right next to French Broad River (and you can rent tubes for a discount from SkyTubing b/c you stay at Wilson RV) -Less than 10min to downtown Asheville -In River Arts District

Cons: -$20 to camp in a field with no specific site… you could almost stay in an Airbnb for as cheap -Too many other people nearby who were noisy late when I was there -Woman in charge was overbearing, and I felt like she was watching me the entire -Not enough parking when campsites are full

Recommendation: Honestly, it wasn't worth $40 for two night and being that close to downtown. I would have rather camped for free (roadside camping in Pisgah national forest) or camped at Lake Powhatan a little farther away.