The best GROUP camping near
Mount Morris , PENNSYLVANIA

Most Recent Mount Morris Camping Reviews
Very Quite Campground

We stayed here with a group and had plenty of space in the grassed tent area. There was a fire ring per site and we felt very private. The swimming pool was great. The amenities are Basic but functional. Not a busy campground, only one other tent the weekend we were there. A number of permanent Trailers. Close to the highway so expect some noise.

Fantastic owners

Terrific owners, super attentive, and personal. They take the time to chat with just about everyone who visits their property. They are relentless on maintenance and have about 60 acres to mow and care for. The store onsite has just about anything you could need for your stay including firewood. The river is fantastic and holds trout and smallmouth for those that like to fish. A popular spot on the weekends and gets busy with all types of travelers from class A super rigs to very modest trailers. Ended up staying 2 weeks as the wifi service is the best we have had on the road. The majority of the site is level and grass. I will be back for the bluegrass festival in August (Pickin in Parsons).

We stayed at the Kentuck Campsite. The sites are close to each other but we had plenty of space at the same time. The hiking trails were beautiful this time of year. Wasn’t a big fan of their restrooms, not very COVID friendly I felt and a bit outdated. That’s the only reason I give it a 4 star.

Awesome

Awesome owners,quiet place to relax. Tent site was nice and conveniently located next to the bathhouse

Plenty of activities and located right on the Youghiogheny River

We stayed here in October after the pools were closed for the year but they had plenty of great activities including crafts for the kids and trick or treating which was a blast.  We would have preferred to be right on the riverfront sites but they had been booked up most of the year so it was still nice to be able to finally get into this campground which won 2020 KOA Campground of the year.

They also had a DJ and costume contest as well which was a very fun time.  Our only complaint is the sites that aren't on the river are a bit tight and packed in but booking out far enough ahead should solve that.  Trash pickup at your site was a nice added bonus as well and this is located right on the Great Allegheny Passage Bike Trail as well.  We'll be back for sure.

Pretty Area but Campsites are Close Together

- Had a super enjoyable time at Ohiopyle State Park Campground! It was very nicely tree covered and the restrooms were not far apart, but the campsites were quite close and not much separated some from others. There was firewood and ice right outside to buy, so don’t tote any in!!

- No service if you have sprint… in any of the surrounding area!

- Definitely check out the nearby town and waterfalls! The town of Ohiopyle is very cute and has lots to enjoy if strolling through (hippie shops, bakeries, ice cream, and adventure rental outlets). Cucumber Falls was cool, but GO EARLY or it is so crowded it is not as enjoyable. ForSure check out the Meadow Run Trail! Beautiful and wide trail for a more private view of cascading water features. AND natural waterslides!! Amazing experience! Was basically there at the slides alone besides a father and two children and a fisherman. Such a cool experience and hangout spot!

- Firetower lookout was a beautiful sunset and again we were alone to enjoy it!

- Jonathan Run Trail was also AMAZING! Multiply waterfalls, magical feeling forests and ponds. Truly a trail worth hiking!

- I’m including pictures of the exact camping experience we had planned, including coordinates to put into a GPS (if you have sprint def download the surrounding area into your phone before going!) Would recommend the whole plan if you only have a few days to explore the area!

Great, spacious, clean campground!

Hickory Hollow's campsites were nicely spaced out, perched on a hillside, but with nice flat pads.  The lake and farm country provided a welcoming and relaxing setting.  The trail around the lake was perfect for running or walking.  A small but convenient off-leash dog area was also a wonderful amenity.  And last but definitely not least, the bathhouse was clean and easy to access.  Would definitely stay here again.

Quit and very Covid specious

My parents took me and my sister to Audra every summer and wks at a time and camping in a tent,it was the best memories i have as a child and yes im now 42,fulltime grandma of 4yr old axel w austism, i have worked m.j y butt off w him 2yrs straight to get his fits calmed down..yes he has had 1since last oct and that is because i figured out what was triggering them but so proud of him..i him..I wanted to take grandson sonewhere where ppl are friendly and say hi to axel where felt cummy and not get upset and hide…my neice  ended uo going last mth,she invited us up to test axel out because this b a huge thing for him to do..oh my Aurda was still beautiful, clean, ppl so nice,there was no camp site available so we stayed till 7pm and went home..def a place to take kids w disabilities, ppl understand, do not stare and its alot of fun for kids,quit,gorgeous place to camp..wish they had a site open and it be kool to win a few days of camping..

Great for families

I gave it a 5 star for many reasons. First the campground is clean and made us feel like we were in a forest not just a campground. Secondly, the tent sites were completely level with no need to worry about rolling down a hill in my sleep, I slept great. Thirdly, the campground was so close to the nature that we wanted to see. We went to see the falls and they were within walking distance from our campsite. Overall, it was an awesome place to camp. The grounds had paths everywhere and were well kept. I didn’t feel like I was walking in the dirt or through someone’s campsite to get to the bathroom or the playground for the kids. It was our first camping here and in Maryland for that matter, and we would love to go back.

Beautiful mountain area. Lake is beautiful! Nice hiking trails.