the dyrt
About Ryerson Station State Park
Ryerson Station State Park is located in Pennsylvania
4 Reviews of Ryerson Station State Park
Not what it use to be..

Was a lot nicer years ago. It's an ok place for a picnic and to hike around for the day. Not somewhere I would want to camp, although it is the closest state park for me to go..

Nice Little Park...with Loud, Destructive Neighbors

This is a nice little park that used to have a lake…until it was undermined (literally) and destroyed by the nearby coal company. The trails are pleasant, especially the one leading to the old Chess Cemetery. The PADCNR works hard to make this park into an attraction despite the fact that it no longer has its lake as a focal point. This means that they maintain a cold water swimming pool in the summer. And they keep the campground open year-round, which makes it a rarity. If you want to go camping in January, this might be the only conventional campground in PA where you can do that. The campground is pleasant, if a little…spooky. None of the spots are very secluded, but that's okay because you'll probably be the only camper here. Like much of the park, it's bordered by a public road, which means that there's some traffic--usually loud pickups and frack trucks. I've only ever camped here in the fall, when Greene County is at its most beautiful, and I've always had the campground (and most of the park) entirely to myself. There are two tiny cabins as well as sites for tents or campers. Ryerson is worth a visit. Not sure why the state can't make the coal company pay for its destruction of the lake.

Great place to be

If you have never been here before, then it is worth the trip especially if you're from the area. I have spent most of my time there fishing prior to the dam being destroyed. Now, I mainly take advantage of the mushrooming and hiking!

Mushrooms everywhere!

went down to pick some Morrell and shantrels mushrooms, they were everywhere, many of the mushrooms didnt even require us to leave the path! Too bad the dam was ruined years ago, it would have really been my #1 spot in PA if it also had a lake!!