About Deep Creek Lake State Park
Deep Creek Lake State Park is located in Maryland
6 Reviews of Deep Creek Lake State Park
Beautiful Area!

This is a great place to camp! the facilities were great and having a bear proof container at each site was great.

We had the perfect amount of sun for an afternoon nap after a short hike.

Western Maryland tourist lake

We love this area and love the lake. Campsites are not large, but plenty of space still and the lake is beautiful. Plenty of eating and tourist stuff around the lake as well.

Lots of pros, several cons for me too.

The area was very pretty, with lots to do on the lake. Most of the sites actuality had a 30A service which we didn't use but did impress me.

The site itself was gravel packed so hard that it's virtually concrete, which was a problem for the tent stakes. You also can't just move your tent like most places to softer ground. You have to stay inside the wood that bounds the pad.

Bears are common so they emplaced a big old bear box at every site. It's enough room to hold your food for a month of camping!

I would definitely go back, but it's far less rustic than I really like.

Deep Creek Camping

The campground was clean and nicely maintained. The bathrooms were quite possibly the cleanest camp bathrooms I've ever come across. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better first experience there.

BEAUTIFUL mountain lake!!!

Our visit was great, the staff was friendly, the sites were all clean(side note. some of the sites are AWESOME, some are a patch of grass. its honestly best to carefully look at the site map)

We did have a raccoon visitor, and a black bear while we were there. The paths are littered with very docile deer and the lake is crystal clear.

as per all MD sites, drinking is illegal, and it was awfully windy to fish, but certain ly great fishing spots are there.

Fantastic

This place is amazing. The lake is absolutely beautiful and perfect for all types of water sports. It's great for all ages as well, with things to do to keep everybody entertained.

The fishing was a lot of fun as well. We caught a solid amount of Bass, so all in all it was a success!

I would highly recommend it to anyone. Also, the town of Swanton isn't too far away- which is a fun small town to explore.