Yurts
About Deep Creek Lake State Park
No Phone Service
Deep Creek Lake State Park is located in Maryland
7 Reviews of Deep Creek Lake State Park
Very quiet after the summer!

Ranger Review: Stream2Sea Shampoo & Bodywash and Leave-In Conditioner

Campground Review:

Don’t let the name fool you, the campground is across the street from the lake and there are no lake view sites. We arrived after 6 pm on a Tuesday after Labor Day and found there were only six out of 112 sites occupied. We had the entire Delphia Loop to ourselves. Some loops allow pets and others do not. One loop (the Meshach Browning Loop) has electric hookups; the other loops do not. With so few campers, we were surprised to find the office staffed until 10 pm but this made checking in easier than self-registration. The campground is gated and you need a code to get in; this gave me pause wondering about how safe it was but there were regular ranger patrols and all was quiet. Restrooms in the Delphia loop were modern and very clean. The showers were very nice and rivaled any hotel shower I’ve had. We were told there were regular bear sightings and there were bear boxes at each site; we saw many deer but not a single bear, keeping our zero bear sightings record intact. Each site also had a fire ring, lantern hook (but you would need to be much taller than me to reach it!), and very generous sized picnic table. Alcohol, weapons, and fireworks are prohibited. No/very limited cell service. Sites in the Delphia and George Beckman loops are very quiet but some sites in the other two loops are closer to the road so you will hear road noise. The lake is open Memorial Day through Labor Day so I imagine this campground would yield a very different experience in the height of summer!

------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I have the awesome opportunity to review products. I'm reviewing two products from Stream2Sea because they are meant to be used together. I am hesitant to use multi-use products as generally, one or the other function is compromised. However, the Shampoo and Body Wash from Stream2Sea  was a nice surprise. Fresh scent and rinsed easily out of my hair, leaving it soft with no residue. Stream2Sea does not have a rinse-out conditioner but it is recommended that you use the leave-in conditioner. When I first used this, my hair felt a little stiff but if I used it very sparingly, this was no longer an issue. By using these two products, I was able to use one product instead of three (soap, shampoo, and rinse out conditioner). But the best thing I liked about these products was how much fuller my hair looked after blow-drying it. I don’t have much hair so anything that makes it look like I have more is a bonus in my book!

Beautiful Area!

This is a great place to camp! the facilities were great and having a bear proof container at each site was great.

We had the perfect amount of sun for an afternoon nap after a short hike.

Western Maryland tourist lake

We love this area and love the lake. Campsites are not large, but plenty of space still and the lake is beautiful. Plenty of eating and tourist stuff around the lake as well.

Lots of pros, several cons for me too.

The area was very pretty, with lots to do on the lake. Most of the sites actuality had a 30A service which we didn't use but did impress me.

The site itself was gravel packed so hard that it's virtually concrete, which was a problem for the tent stakes. You also can't just move your tent like most places to softer ground. You have to stay inside the wood that bounds the pad.

Bears are common so they emplaced a big old bear box at every site. It's enough room to hold your food for a month of camping!

I would definitely go back, but it's far less rustic than I really like.

Deep Creek Camping

The campground was clean and nicely maintained. The bathrooms were quite possibly the cleanest camp bathrooms I've ever come across. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better first experience there.

BEAUTIFUL mountain lake!!!

Our visit was great, the staff was friendly, the sites were all clean(side note. some of the sites are AWESOME, some are a patch of grass. its honestly best to carefully look at the site map)

We did have a raccoon visitor, and a black bear while we were there. The paths are littered with very docile deer and the lake is crystal clear.

as per all MD sites, drinking is illegal, and it was awfully windy to fish, but certain ly great fishing spots are there.

Fantastic

This place is amazing. The lake is absolutely beautiful and perfect for all types of water sports. It's great for all ages as well, with things to do to keep everybody entertained.

The fishing was a lot of fun as well. We caught a solid amount of Bass, so all in all it was a success!

I would highly recommend it to anyone. Also, the town of Swanton isn't too far away- which is a fun small town to explore.